The Future of Parkwood Springs

A great link, that one. The opening sentences sum up my feelings on the matter in a nutshell:

Parkwood Springs is an under-used and polluted 'green' finger pushing into the depths of central Sheffield. The area is seen to be lacking any form of identity, except that of the huge landfill site scarring part of the landscape.

You'd be insane to build houses on a ticking toxic waste timebomb, but a green space recreation area for the long-suffering residents sounds fantastic :thumbsup:

Perhaps they could expand the existing nature reserve up there.

Looks like some nice pictures in there, if you could expand them slightly. Not sure whether it's just my computer, but the 'pictures' section are tiny.

I'm not connected to any of these websites ash, so unfortunately I can't do anything about the size of the pictures. I think that this particular website was created by a group of university students asked to come up with various ideas as part of their course.

But, if money was around and plentiful, looks great. Considering all the problems with the Ski Slope, I'm not sure who would invest in it though.

I think that the site is so large that they are looking to incorporate as many attractions as possible similar to Rother Valley Country Park but without the large lakes.

Golf course sounds the most promising. Massive area, and I guess not as expensive as the rest.

Shame I'm crap at Golf.:

That idea sounds OK although I hate golf myself.

Personally, if money was no object, then I would like to see an 'Eden of the North' developed there as a major national attraction.

I think it would be silly to build a golf course- it is completely the wrong place and would only serve a minority of the population- the green landscaped area sounds ideal, as it would be open for everyone and preserve some of out precious natural assets in a city sinking under concrete.

I would support any attempt to maximise this as a green space that everyone can enjoy.

The Eden of the north sounds great as does the country park, the name parkwood springs suggests that there is water,a small lake? Somewhere to take the grand kids to feed the ducks instead of trailing over to graves park sounds ideal.

Is there any where on parkwood springs that would be suitable for St Lukes hospice?

It would be better than the council giving away the citizens land at Graves Park.

Why, is St Luke's moving- or is that another thread?

Is there any where on parkwood springs that would be suitable for St Lukes hospice?

It would be better than the council giving away the citizens land at Graves Park.

Close on is where the flats were demolished at Pye Bank, central and a view over Sheffield, I'm sure there are more places but that would involve our illustrious leaders using their brains, -not likely to happen.

Don't think St. Lukes would appreciate being located to a toxic tip site at Parkwood.

park woods a right crap hole even the football fields seen better days every one take's there dogs up craping all over the place . great for the kiids that play up there:rant::rant::rant:

Missdizzy, I tried sending you a pm but your inbox is full. If you're still around, please could you get back to me. Thanks

I heard years ago that it was going to be a golf course. That was before the rooftop protests on musgrave and penrith though. Doubt it can be used for housing and it stinks in summer!!

This was a myth put around by the people who were selling the houses there at Kingsmead(?). No truth at all in it.

(apologies for double post but it wasn't clear what I was responding to.)

Hi MissDizzy, I tried PMing you but not sure if you received it? Am interested in finding out more.