Manns in Hillsborough

Manns fishmonger shut today. The shop seems to be empty of stock.

Is this temporary?

Does anybody have any information?

Manns is always shut for one or two weeks at the beginning of january, not really sure why though, but it is a yearly thing.

I hadn't noticed. Hope it hasn't shut. I used to go there with my nan from the age of five and still get a bit of fish from there once in a while.

There aren't many fishmongers left are there?

I heard that the proprieter had been taken ill just before Christmas.

Thanks for the info guys.

Hope things are OK. I'll try again in a week or two's time.

I heard that the proprieter had been taken ill just before Christmas.

Peter was taken ill whilst in New York before Christmas, but his brother Chis is still holding the fort.

As long as I can remember it has always closed at the beginning of the year, and every Monday, so it should be open from Tuesday next week.

It was open 10 minutes ago when I walked past.:D

I was in just after Christmas, apparently they shut down for two weeks simply because the fishermen don't go out to sea so there's not much fish at the fish markets at the mo (hence why if they are open, they are v.v. low on stock).

I was reassured they'd be back in full action from the 9th (which is today thinking about it....)

I was in just after Christmas, apparently they shut down for two weeks simply because the fishermen don't go out to sea )

Think he's codding you!! Haddock look yesterday and they were open!

I was in just after Christmas, apparently they shut down for two weeks simply because the fishermen don't go out to sea so there's not much fish at the fish markets at the mo (hence why if they are open, they are v.v. low on stock).

I was reassured they'd be back in full action from the 9th (which is today thinking about it....)

How do the fish know its Christmas? Where do they go to spend their aquatic Yuletide? :hihi:

Peter was taken ill whilst in New York before Christmas, but his brother Chis is still holding the fort.

I heard about this. Hope he's getting a little better? The Hillsborough residents are thinking about him, he's such a lovely fella. :(

Manns fishmongers has now been sold, the new owner is keeping the name, the staff and the same principles of the best produce and service. Whilst there maybe a few changes inside the shop the basics will stay the same. Please keep this traditional shop open.