Photo stroll venue suggestions

A slightly differant idea for you....how about asking if any of the sports clubs would mind us lurking in a session of theirs?

Must be some fast + furious action going on somewhere that could prove challenging + interesting to photograph?

A slightly differant idea for you....how about asking if any of the sports clubs would mind us lurking in a session of theirs?

Must be some fast + furious action going on somewhere that could prove challenging + interesting to photograph?

This sounds a good idea, perhaps we could arrange it for another month.

I also like imp's suggestion for a shoot at night - thats something I'vr never done before, but would be really keen to try.

So far then, there seems to be opinions voiced to stay local to begin with & perhaps go further afield at a later date.

Reasonably local with animals seem to be the chestnut centre, possibly Wentworth Garden Centre, with Deer & Graves Park. Otherwise a night shoot in the town centre.

Any preferences?

This idea I'm really keen on, but it could be difficult to arrange. Most pro sports clubs have a no camera policy and amature clubs might have under 18 yr olds playing which would mean having a CRB check. I've seen an American football team practicing on the Don valley bowl on Sundays, could be worth asking, or if we wait until September the Renault World Series will be back at donnington Park, (free entry). Pictures from last year are in my photo album.

I've just remembered someone posted some pictures of water skiing on Rother valley park, could be worth considering.

OK guys, more sugestions?

Dave..

Doesn't have to be a kids club (I would prefer not for obvious reasons :( ), how about a student club?

American football could be fun :thumbsup:

Another thought, maybe for June when the lighter nights come back, Dog racing or speedway? Don't know if they allow photography but it can't hurt to ask.

If you can wait until April there will be plenty of cycle races and time trials out on the little roads in the Peak District. I can find times and dates if anyone is interested.

It's already been mentioned about the wires and fencing at Chestnut Centre, and it's something I thought of in general when I first saw this thread. Zoos tend to have the animals behind bars/windows making it a bit tricky to photograph... I guess it could be a challenge! I went to Twycross in the summer and it was a bit rubbish tbh... Lots of chimps, who were behind very reflective windows. And to get a nice pic of the giraffes without a fence in the way, pics kind of had to be taken looking up at them - different, but a bit boring after a while and you can't get the whole thing in.

That sounds like I'm complaining too much doesn't it? lol

After all that, I'm absolutely suggestion-less, especially if for animals... I don't even know where to go tomorrow to waste my afternoon :hihi:

go to the monkey forest in Stoke - they are all roaming free you actually enter "their" home. not a glass window or wire frame anywhere in shot.

Well, all seems to have gone quiet recently. I'll be bold & put together some rough ideas for meets for the following year:

February - Animal related within / near Sheffield (see below for suggestions)

March - Night shhot in Town centre (followed by a drink in a pub?!)

April - Cycle racing / time trials - Peak District

May - Roche abbey

June - Dog racing / Speedway

July - Water skiing - Rother Valley

August - Day trip to a zoo or seaside or both

September - Donnington Park - Renault World Series

October -

November -

December -

As already suggested for animals - Chestnut Centre, Wentworth Garden Centre, with Deer & Graves Park

I suggest Saturday 2nd February for this meet, & the time will depend on where people want to go - so, come on everyone - say where you prefer, of I'll just have to make a decision for you!!

Any more suggestions to fill up the calendar would be great! If the distance for some of the venues is too restrictive for some people keen to join us - then let us know & we can change ideas accordingly.

The above is not set in stone - just trying to get the ball rolling!

Town centre (followed by a drink in a pub?!)

QUOTE]

I'll come on this one! :hihi: :hihi:

Seriously, that list looks fine to me Hemlock, maybe when we all next meet up people will come up with new ideas we haven't mentioned yet to fill the year up. Its a good idea to suggest early in Feb that way if the weather is really awful it could be moved to the weekend after. There again it could be a chance to go snow chasing!

OK peeps, February, where do we go?

Wentworth, good photo location, not many animals only deer.

Graves, Sheep and Cows, the rest are in small guage mesh cages

Heeley City farm, pigs, horses, ducks, and it stinks.

Worsborough Mill, wild fowl, farm with cows sheep etc

Chestnut center, Captive British wildlife but will be cage mesh!

any more?

This seem interesting to me. I would like to try some light streak thing probably around Pond Forge round about areas, somewhere from above the tram way or pedestrian bridge will be great. :hihi:

This seem interesting to me. I would like to try some light streak thing probably around Pond Forge round about areas, somewhere from above the tram way or pedestrian bridge will be great. :hihi:

yes me too, I've done the headlight streak thing from motorway bridges and the results are quite impressive.

Looks like a good mix of venues/schedule by Hemlock, I'm perfectly happy with that.

Also, I have noticed a couple of threads this week from people about American Football and Womens Rugby clubs starting up... they might be interesting.