Sheffield Summer School Holidays

Jon

:D Well its that time of year again when groups of fed up teens are walking about all day doing nothing except causing mindless damage...YES its the summer holidays again ... oh joy...

So do you think the summer holidays are over long?

Yeah, to right RPG,

Although he has a point.

We used to play outside games like delavio, leap frog or go to the park or Millhouses lido, we would always find something to do, now kids stay indoors all day on computers and play stations.

can't be good for them can it.

Being on computers is fine in moderation but they need to be encouraged to do sport or some outdoor activity.

We used to play at Cowboys and Indians or Batman and Robin, and i know things have changed and its hard to see todays generation of kids playing that kind of thing, but i,m not suprised that many of them have high blood preasure and obesity.

As for the thugs well, thats another matter, perhaps we could gather them up and give them compulsery community work or put them working with the wild life trust.

I don't know if they're too long to be honest. They soon go if you have a fortnight abroad crammed into the holiday. I've been off school for ages. It's officially the longest holiday I'll have until I retire hehe! :D I left school for study leave this year on the 19th of May, my last exam was on June 20th. So that was basically a month of studying :cry: Then the official leaving day was 27th June and from there on after we were expected to roam free! Personally I've used that time from my last exam until now to look for a job (which I have now found! yay!) do some voluntary work and go away to university for a week for a summer school. I know most people havent got as far as I have in my holidays so far as some of my mates are still walking the streets looking as bored as ever.

I am sort of enjoying the "longest holiday of my life" because I think during the last year of school I seemed to lose myself half way around the track. Now I have so much more time to focus on what I want, what I like and who I am and it's really refreshing!

Aaaahhhh! :D

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

As for the thugs well, thats another matter, perhaps we could gather them up and give them compulsery community work or put them working with the wild life trust.

:o What did Sheffield Wildlife Trust do to deserve that?:lol:

Go on then

Makes a change:roll:

I'm still halfway between celebrating no more school visits for a couple of months, and so looking forward to being mobbed on site instead:lol:

Archived