Argos in Meadowhell

Originally posted by Andy

To the person who's moaning about Argos:

If you'd ordered your game and it was £25 online, then when you got to the store you found there was a sale on and the price was only £20, would you have found the manager and insisted on handing over an extra £5. After all, you would have got confirmation that the price would be £25.

Hmmmm?

I somehow doubt that :D

If the price of the game had went down to say £22.99 when MobileB went to get it, the price would be £22.99, not £23.99.

It works both ways and sometimes we get really happy people because of it :D

Originally posted by dinp

However, I still dont agree with the 'just one day thing', as it would have cost Argos £6 to keep the price reserved, not nothing. If they do this for one person, then really they've got to do it for everyone and it would cost them a fortune.

If that was the case, then why bother to offer a sale price at anytime. Obviously showing your business acuman there.

Sales are to generate revenue and cash. Why do you think Marks, Debenhams and others held sales before Christmas? Revenues were not what they expected so they needed to generate some cash. They work on the margins afterwards.

At the end of the day, a shareholder looks at the top and bottom lines, not that much into the margins and overheads. thats the directors jobs.

To the person who's moaning about Argos:

If you'd ordered your game and it was £25 online, then when you got to the store you found there was a sale on and the price was only £20, would you have found the manager and insisted on handing over an extra £5. After all, you would have got confirmation that the price would be £25.

Hmmmm?

I think you will find your answer to that is in an Act of Parliament that was passed around 1989.

Originally posted by MobileB

If that was the case, then why bother to offer a sale price at anytime. Obviously showing your business acuman there.

Sales are to generate revenue and cash. Why do you think Marks, Debenhams and others held sales before Christmas? Revenues were not what they expected so they needed to generate some cash. They work on the margins afterwards.

At the end of the day, a shareholder looks at the top and bottom lines, not that much into the margins and overheads. thats the directors jobs.

Sales get people rushing to spend. This particular sale was a one-day even and you were too late in the end so the price went back up.

It happens.

Shops are not auction houses, the price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect :D (you'll remember that in future, wont you ;) )

As for the lecture on early xmas sales, thanks, but what has this to do with anything?

Originally posted by dinp

As for the lecture on early xmas sales, thanks, but what has

this to do with anything?

Err cos you said you disagreed with one day sales. I thought I would explain why they had them.

Err cos you said you disagreed with one day sales. I thought I would explain why they had them.

I was referring to something else there, quite what I cant remember now but looking back, i didnt explain it very well. Cant have done if I dont understand it myself!!!

I did A Level Business though, not as simple as I may seem :D

Bought a coffee table today. Asked the staff if we could leave it and collect it on the way out with it being heavy and they were perfectly happy to let us do that.

Even trollied it out to the car as it was an awkward shape to carry.

No complaints with todays service.

I think you will find your answer to that is in an Act of Parliament that was passed around 1989.

That doesn't answer my question.

As an aside, I would ask what your legal qualification is? It must be good, if it's better than Argos' legal department.

As an aside, I would ask what your legal qualification is? It must be good, if it's better than Argos' legal department.

Who knows, Argos may even offer him/her a job once they see the 'detail' of the complaint :heyhey:

Surely someone so qualified would have better shops to spend their money in..... :suspect:

About 15 years dealing with such problems might do for a starter. But your question was what would my reaction be if the price was lower than quoted, and what I quoted you was the answer.

I could give a long story if you want about Marks & Spencers. How they refunded on a shirt that was 10 years old. It didnt belong to me but I took it there because of a quality problem that had been raised by a laundry company. They refunded the original cost of the shirt with no problem in M&S vouchers. It far exceeded my expectations and the vouchers went into our staff Christmas raffle. Now that was what I called customer service.

Originally posted by Cyclone

Bought a coffee table today. Asked the staff if we could leave it and collect it on the way out with it being heavy and they were perfectly happy to let us do that.

Even trollied it out to the car as it was an awkward shape to carry.

No complaints with todays service.

Hooray, a happy customer :clap:

We don't mind taking a heavy good to the car if we can spare a member of staff and so long as the customer is parked in the car park directly outside, or outside Sainsbury's at worst.

Gets us 5 mins of fresh air and friendly banter with a customer away from the chaos of the shop.

One woman I helped was freaked out because I knew how to fold her back seats and she didn't!!!

And you'll be surprised what fits into a punto :D