Argos in Meadowhell

Originally posted by dinp

Going to the launch are we???

Well thats convinced me to go to Sunderland for the match on that day!

Originally posted by MobileB

Well thats convinced me to go to Sunderland for the match on that day!

Well enjoy the day. Your one person protest must be costing them so much money that they've built a new store, and have just signed up to a new warehouse in my hometown!

Times are hard...

Well enjoy the day. Your one person protest must be costing them so much money that they've built a new store, and have just signed up to a new warehouse in my hometown!

Times are hard...

Well Ive actually told 10 people. If only half them dont shop there and they tell 10 people who in turn same happens. Very quickly you've got 30 people not shopping there. If those 30 people average £200 per year at Argos, one silly thing like that has cost them the equivalent of one employees wage. Multiply that out by the number of complaints received and you will understand why the most sucessful companies have a succesful customer service policy.

For every complacent company with the attitude you display there is a Gerald Ratner.

By the way, the figures I have used above is standard model based on research of complaints.

Well Ive actually told 10 people. If only half them dont shop there and they tell 10 people who in turn same happens. Very quickly you've got 30 people not shopping there. If those 30 people average £200 per year at Argos, one silly thing like that has cost them the equivalent of one employees wage. Multiply that out by the number of complaints received and you will understand why the most sucessful companies have a succesful customer service policy.

For every complacent company with the attitude you display there is a Gerald Ratner.

By the way, the figures I have used above is standard model based on research of complaints.

I'm familiar with the model you speak of.

I'm not particularly bothered about complacency because I wont be working at Argos forever. I'm only in Sheffield for uni, and its a job that fits round my uni commitments.

Argos, as a company, are not complacent though. Years ago, you couldn't check what was in stock, the internet wasnt used, you couldn't reserve items and you couldnt use a quick pay machine. These are all customer-orientated innovations.

We are happy to settle a dispute with someone if they have a genuine grievance and have been genuinely badly treated. We don't want to annoy anyone, but then some customers make it difficult for themselves, which makes our job harder.

We are far less likely to resolve an issue where Argos has fulfilled its obligations and where a customer is challenging the system (like your case).

Argos cannot have all items in stock at all places (and on the internet) at all times and the reservations state that the price you pay for your reservation is the price instore on the day you buy. If you choose to collect on the second day of your reservation and the price has gone up the previous evening, then tuff. You were warned.

Originally posted by ANGELUS

++++

Women with double-push chairs for their kids..

IF you go with a friend.. here is a quick tip for you.

PLEASE DONT wait in the queue line with your screaming brats while trying items at the front of the queue - it ****** people right off!

Let your friend go to the front of the queue for you.

Thankyou.

you obviously dont have kids then?

wait until you do and see if you have such an attitude then.

If someone had ago at me if my kids were crying then they would get a gobful.

I'm familiar with the model you speak of.

I'm not particularly bothered about complacency because I wont be working at Argos forever. I'm only in Sheffield for uni, and its a job that fits round my uni commitments.

Argos, as a company, are not complacent though. Years ago, you couldn't check what was in stock, the internet wasnt used, you couldn't reserve items and you couldnt use a quick pay machine. These are all customer-orientated innovations.

We are happy to settle a dispute with someone if they have a genuine grievance and have been genuinely badly treated. We don't want to annoy anyone, but then some customers make it difficult for themselves, which makes our job harder.

We are far less likely to resolve an issue where Argos has fulfilled its obligations and where a customer is challenging the system (like your case).

Argos cannot have all items in stock at all places (and on the internet) at all times and the reservations state that the price you pay for your reservation is the price instore on the day you buy. If you choose to collect on the second day of your reservation and the price has gone up the previous evening, then tuff. You were warned.

Ah now youve answered my question. So your statements and answers, as you may be a little too young to remember some of these.

Checking stock - brought in because customers used to have to queue for ages to reach a till to be told it was out of stock. They would chose another item and again queue. Could have same problem. Brought in to stop complaints.

Internet - any company worth its salt has a buy online page.

Quick Pay Machine - first introduced in petrol stations. Latched on to cut down on payroll and therefore introduced as a cost cutting exercise not actually customer led.

Happy to settle a genuine grievance - err happy to settle when you have messed up or the customer has statutory rights. Not happy when the customer has a genuine grievance about Argos systems - they are out systems so you can stuff.

Argos cannot have items in stock in all places at all times - wouldnt expect them to. However, when you are given just 24 hours (that is one day) to collect an item, holding the price for one day would have zero affect on them. If you had a month to collect, I would totally and utterly agree with you. But one day?

Argos cannot have items in stock in all places at all times - wouldnt expect them to. However, when you are given just 24 hours (that is one day) to collect an item, holding the price for one day would have zero affect on them. If you had a month to collect, I would totally and utterly agree with you. But one day? [/b]

Reservations are held to the end of the following day, so if you only had a day to collect, you must have reserved in the evening when Angel Street was closed. That still gives an opportunity for the price to change overnight.

However, I still dont agree with the 'just one day thing', as it would have cost Argos £6 to keep the price reserved, not nothing. If they do this for one person, then really they've got to do it for everyone and it would cost them a fortune. That's why they have the statement about the prices, to cover their backs and save them a lot of money.

Do you still think their tactics are underhanded?

.....Your one person protest.......

I'm sorry, but you'll find there are quite a few more than "one person" who have "issues" with Argos. We too, actively encourage people to not shop @ Argos (especially the one on Angel St)!

Argos is fine, if you want trash (or to be conned ala price fixing of games that was exposed last year)!

Originally posted by sccsux

I'm sorry, but you'll find there are quite a few more than "one person" who have "issues" with Argos. We too, actively encourage people to not shop @ Argos (especially the one on Angel St)!

Argos is fine, if you want trash (or to be conned ala price fixing of games that was exposed last year)!

They're contesting the price fixing, which other retailers have also been grilled for.

I can't speak for the Angel St branch, but the one I work at is heaving nearly all the time, we must be doing something right....

They're contesting the price fixing, which other retailers have also been grilled for.

They can contest as much as they (and the others) like.

Mud sticks! ;-)

Originally posted by sccsux

They can contest as much as they (and the others) like.

Mud sticks! ;-)

If they're guilty, they're guilty - I personally don't give a toss, all I know is that they are contesting the verdict.

To the person who's moaning about Argos:

If you'd ordered your game and it was £25 online, then when you got to the store you found there was a sale on and the price was only £20, would you have found the manager and insisted on handing over an extra £5. After all, you would have got confirmation that the price would be £25.

Hmmmm?