Argos in Meadowhell

Originally posted by matt186

ive seen the online reduced stuff, its not really the 75% off prices that there was last time. Ill keep my fingers crossed that they start marking down prices :)

I'm a bit disappointed as well, but to be fair the last list wasn't out straight away. My fingers are crossed as well!

I have absolutely no sympathy for the people who work in Argos (sorry if this offends) but just after the new year i went in to buy a coffee table and was told that not only could I not borrow an argos trolley to take it to my car but no help was offered to me, they refused to let me pick it up from the loading bay and instructed me to get a sainsburys trolley to move it,

so as it weighs 24 kg and is VERY bulky I did, only to get it outside and find I couldn't get it out the trolley, cos the divvy bloke had wedged it in, so after much tooing n frowing i sorted it,

so i'd just like to say Thanks Argos! for nowt!

needless to say I wont be shoppin there again

Why dont we just blow Meadowhall up with all the chavs inside of it un every1s problems would be solved, crime would go down, the centre would get better, .....

Originally posted by sheffield501

I have absolutely no sympathy for the people who work in Argos (sorry if this offends) but just after the new year i went in to buy a coffee table and was told that not only could I not borrow an argos trolley to take it to my car but no help was offered to me, they refused to let me pick it up from the loading bay and instructed me to get a sainsburys trolley to move it,

so as it weighs 24 kg and is VERY bulky I did, only to get it outside and find I couldn't get it out the trolley, cos the divvy bloke had wedged it in, so after much tooing n frowing i sorted it,

so i'd just like to say Thanks Argos! for nowt!

needless to say I wont be shoppin there again

I work there and we do not lend out trolleys as they get pinched. You can be Nelson Mandela or Mother Teresa, we don't lend them out.

We do, however help people to the door, providing we aren't completely snowed under with work, so you must have came in to the store at a time where we were grossly understaffed (not necessarily meaning that we LOOK busy).

95 times out of 100 we will help, but we aren't under any obligation to do so. You knew you were buying something heavy, why didnt you come prepared?

Lots of customers buying heavy goods bring a strong person, a trolley, or both with them. Those we do help range from eternally grateful to downright rude.

Originally posted by Haza

Why dont we just blow Meadowhall up with all the chavs inside of it un every1s problems would be solved, crime would go down, the centre would get better, .....

What an intelligent reply, i;m sure your parents are very proud of you.. :loopy:

its because every reply on this site is either extremly mundane and boring, and makes for c*** reading

Originally posted by Haza

its because every reply on this site is either extremly mundane and boring, and makes for c*** reading

why not save us the time of reading your replies by not bothering then.

I would just like to take the opportunity to thank those nasty f*****s who have stolen the trolleys used to take things out to people's cars so now we are unable to help people to their cars.

We are on skeleton staff at the moment so if you have a conscience, return them.

:rant:

The new Argos at Drakehouse/Crystal Peak is the best. There is always room to park and you can park right outside to pick up your goods.

Recommended

Originally posted by Alanbro

The new Argos at Drakehouse/Crystal Peak is the best. There is always room to park and you can park right outside to pick up your goods.

Recommended

agreed...make life easier...order online pick up next day..no problems:clap: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Alanbro

Recommended

I wish the nazis at Meadowhall would allocate a loading bay space outside the doors, people wanting to pick heavy things up have to risk a clamp by parking in a disabled spot or on double yellows. It aint fair.