Any tips on how to unblock an outside drain?

My drains are full to the top with Shi... lets just say it's real bad.. I have attacked them with drain rods and they are still blocked, I think the wooden rods are not bendy enough and I think I have come to a 45degree downward bit and it's still blocked. Does anyone have one of those vans with miles of pipe that you feed down and blast it away with water? I think I need help but don't want to pay Dynarod millions of quid to do it... Going to get some longer rods and try again but just seeing if anyone wants to give it ago for cash with one of them presure washers drain cleaner things...

Cheers

:)

The outside drain where the toilet waste goes to is blocked, so far i've tried poking it, Jeyes Fluid and this Mr Muscle drain cleaner i've just bought all of which have made no difference. :help:

Find someone with a set of dyno-rods?

Have you checked the foul drain manhole outside, to see if it is surcharged green web?

Edit... i just noticed you have, if there is another manhole down stream of the one you tried 'poking' see if it is clear, if it is you need to push some drain rods up towards the blockage to clear.

If the down stream manhole is also blocked you need to push them down stream as the blockage will be down stream.

You will need to buy or hire some drain rods though

Drain rods... It's not very nice.. you get used to the smell after a while.

I borrowed some of someone on the forum, I can't remember who it was though.

Have you checked the foul drain manhole outside, to see if it is surcharged green web?

Yes i have and it looks and flows fine, sorry should of stated that.

Drain rods... It's not very nice.. you get used to the smell after a while.

I borrowed some of someone on the forum, I can't remember who it was though.

Where can you buy'em from? Just been to Wilkinsons and couldn't find anything other than this Mr Muscle stuff i've just bought.

No amount of chemical will shift a fould drain blockage. you can buy a set of drain rods from Wickes.

if you get some, try the plunger with short quick plungeing from the toilet bowl, if the pressure of that doesn't move it go to the manhole outside and use the pigtail attatchment on the end of the rods, and push them up stream (towards the toilet) when you feel the blockage give the rods a twist CLOCKWISE (or you will loose your rods) it should grip, pull back to get it flowing, repeat until it clears.

Thanks 40summat much appreciated, just phoned Wickes and they have some dyno rods instock so i'm now off to buy some now and give it a try.

I had to do this 26 years ago in my house in Manchester.

I was fragrant for several days afterward.... :rolleyes:

i had blocked drains outside the house, partner got a high powered pressure washer on it, worked a treat

hi if you need help pm me and i will send you my number been in the drainage buisness 16 years.