Will/should Benitez Get The Sack?, Who Should Replace Him?

Says a lot about you then doesnt it if your willing to have a stab at someone just for money!!!

What do you do for a living?

I don't.

and would you be happy if someone you didnt know said you were crap at it just because someone paid them to say it ???

Why would what other people think of me have any bearing whatsoever on my happiness? I'm not that shallow.

I think your right dude, after all, it isn't any of the 23 players decision to play 4-5-1 against Wigan who are 3rd from bottom when playing in front of their home fans at Anfield! Nor is it the players fault that Babel was not even on the bench against Wigan after looking really impressive, whilst Pennant (who has not kicked a ball for 3 months) was given a full game in which he couldn't have possibly be expected to make much of an impact!

Benitez is making some strange decisions lately and after I have defended him numerous times on here, I can't help feeling that maybe it's time to let someone else take the reigns, a man who will let the players play with freedom?

Alex Ferguson took over at Old Trafford in 1986 - he delivered the Premiership in 1993. It took seven years.

Just because your a good player (and Hansen was one of the best defenders ive ever seen) does NOT make you a good manager or give you the right to have a go at people in the game now,And when Hansen was playing the game was TOTALLY different than it is now,i respect him as player but his views on football are out of date because football as he knew it has died

You make it sound like he's never watched a game of football since he retired.

No, being a footballer doesn't necessarily make you a good manager. Like I said before, Hansen has a better understanding of the game than we do from his time as a player, and has watched more modern football games than anyone using this forum. He's in a better position to criticise (and actually know what he's talking about) than any of us.

No, being a footballer doesn't necessarily make you a good manager. Like I said before, Hansen has a better understanding of the game than we do from his time as a player, and has watched more modern football games than anyone using this forum. He's in a better position to criticise (and actually know what he's talking about) than any of us.

Of course, anyone who has managed or played in a professional capacity should have a better understanding than us.

But then, when I hear people like David Pleat on ITV, I do begin to wonder.

Am Gonna kill your argument with 1 sentence from Hansen

"You will never win anything with kids" When refering to Fergusons use of Scholes,Beckham,Giggs and the Nevilles then guess what happend,they won the Prem

That shows EXCATLY how much more knowledge he has of the game!!!

Those that can, manage. Those that can't, become pundits. ;)

Id agree with that. Easy to sit on a sofa and sound off about "woeful" defending rather than get out there and manage a team.

On a slight tangent, if Shearer ever becomes a manager I am going to enjoy seeing him make a right mess of Newcastle! Cant see him as a manager at all unless the FA continue to change rules to suit him a la Neil Lennon.

Allardyce and Gullit will seem like genius by comparison.

"You will never win anything with kids" When refering to Fergusons use of Scholes,Beckham,Giggs and the Nevilles then guess what happend,they won the Prem

So if somebody is wrong once about something, they know very little?

Well done. You've successfully disproved a claim that nobody ever made, about Hansen being utterly perfect.

Now how about getting back to the subject we were actually talking about, which is that he's pretty damn good.

So if somebody is wrong once about something, they know very little?

Well as a so called Expert of the game its a BLOODY big mistake he made

:hihi: What a load of cobblers!

So going by your theory then, if a man has no interest in being a manager, he should do if able?

Pundits may or may not make good managers. Some would maybe, others wouldn't but with the majority, i reckon that they see the aggro that current managers get and probably think .... "No thank-you"!

Agree LFC,but doesnt give them the right to slate managers who have had the bottle to go into management just to earn a few quid

Hands up how many people thought Man Utd were going to win the Premiership that season.....

Hands up how many said they wouldnt!!!

Think about it mate,if the likes of me and you say they wouldnt then no one would be bothered because its a discussion between 2 average guys biut if a so callerd expert who gets paid a hell of a lot more than us for his opinions says it then youve got to admit its a major **** up