Ex Waltheof School pupils

Hi, I went to Waltheof between 78-84 with some of the following Richard Morris, Joe Pye, Karen Bond, Ian Bower, Robert and Mick Spencer, Nabeel Ali, John Dudley.

Some of the teaching line up were:

Mr Postlethwaite - Head (Liked him but he used to play a really dangerous game with a cricket ball in a packed school yard in the summer months where you had to line up and he would blast the ball at you.

Mr Alan Bardgett - Took over as Head after Pop

Mr Marshall - Deputy Head (was there when he retired in '83)

Mr Doug Tiffin - Geography

Mr Evans - Economics (My favorite line of his was "Have you ever seen snot piled so high?" - really miss those self esteem building/Maynard-Keynes Economics Sessions

Mrs Patricia Hall - Art and my 6th Form Tutor

Mrs Cunningham - 2nd Year Tutor

Mr Kennedy - Biology and 4th Year Tutor

Ms Oxley - Chemistry and 3rd Year Tutor

Mr Rawlinson - Maths

Mr Keith Pratt - R.E (and now Rev. Pratt - Methodist Minister in West Yorkshire)

Mrs Janet Milner - R.E.

Mr Winters and Mr Staniforth - French

Mr Blaby - German (Have never forgotten and wonder if Hans and Liesel Lotte ever made it - they were always swearing on those language lab tapes and had to be bleeped out at the end of each sentence):D

Mrs Perrin nee Beckitt - English

Mr Perrin - English

Mr Caterer and Mr Ransom - Games/P.E./Cross Country

Mr Frank Hewitt - 5th Form Tutor and History

Mr Morgan - Music

Mr Archer - T.D. at the Annexe (Hated the place and when I was there it was supposed to be the ghost of a girl who had hung herself in the girls cloakroom - obviously the whole thing now would be risk assessed with anti ligature coat hooks and support workers to chaperone students through the values led coat hanging reflective experience and NVQ)

Mr Goodrum - Metalwork

Mr Archer - Woodwork

Mr Mellor - Biology

Mr Ellis - English

Mr Cooper - Maths ( I think he retired whilst I was there, I am sure he did some teaching for the St John's Ambulance and he was a Magistrate as well?)

Mr Wing - Chemistry and member of the Territorial Army

Mr Bainbridge - Physics

The sixth form joined Norfolk Park Sixth Form when I was there and the transition to sixth form colleges began. Enjoyed reading others comments. It did appear brutal at times and I didn't always enjoy being there but the memories of Pop banging his Bible at assembly to get us singing He Who Would Valiant Be! (School Hymn as I recall) will always stay with me, along with the school tortoise getting shredded at dinnertime in the grassed quad area by the caretaker with some bright spark shouting - its a lot less bovver wiv an hovver!

Don't remember any of the names you mention but boy do you remember a lot of teachers. i left in 78 but most of the teachers are the same. i remember pop, remember him banging along the hymn book to the school hymn "To be a pilgrim". My friend and i used to work the projector with the words on it. i remember mr Pratt fondly, he was a brilliant R.E teacher.

Didn't personally like Mr Winters, i hated French and he was so smarmy. Mr Blaby was a great German teacher though and your comments on Hans and Liesel Lotte made me smile. Does anyone from my era remember Heinz the German student teacher we had for a short time?

it always makes me laugh to read about Mrs Beckett. i always thought Druscilla was a fantastic name for an English Lit teacher and me and my friends used to take the mick in lessons. i remember we used to read "Far from the madding crowd" and the book alway used to refer to a " mere trifle this " and a "mere trifle" that and being extremely immature we found this very amusing. When i had to read out loud once and this sentance came up i could not read for laughing and Druscilla gave me mate in front a right swipe across the head for making me laugh. She would be done for assaut now. Thanks for the memories Heathy

hiya i went 2 waltheof left in 95 i was in mr goodrums and mrs wainwrights form class A1,:love: :love:

Hi,

I went to waltheof 91-95 and was also in Mrs wainwrights and Mr goodrums class, how strange...and who are you!

do u remember foggy and nath sum

Yes I remember Foggy:D

no but my brother was there early eighties i think

whos this.....

J.D.Fogg(Foggy)

Just to let you all know, old pops is alive and well and a grand 82 years of age. Met him again through work, recognised his voice before I even looked up-though its 34 years since I last saw him!! I explained who I was, and even though he couldn't remember me he was chuffed to bits to meet me, asked me if I was a good girl at school. I assured him I was, and still am:D.

Nice to see you all chatting - keep it up. PS I left Waltheof in 1974. Remember Mr Tunnard??

Just to let you all know, old pops is alive and well and a grand 82 years of age. Met him again through work, recognised his voice before I even looked up-though its 34 years since I last saw him!! I explained who I was, and even though he couldn't remember me he was chuffed to bits to meet me, asked me if I was a good girl at school. I assured him I was, and still am:D.

Nice to see you all chatting - keep it up. PS I left Waltheof in 1974. Remember Mr Tunnard??

i'm glad to know pops is well and still thriving. i do recall the name tunnard but cannot place him or what he taught. was it history? or english?

Mr Tunnard was the English teacher. I have only come across this site for the first time tonight and it's been brill reading all the comments about Pops, Mr Marshall, Miss Sarson (am I the only one who liked her even though she told me off daily for wearing a purple bra and smelling of BRUT, and having my skirt toooo short). It's brought lots of memories back, and I'm pleased to say mainly good ones. Makes you feel good too:love:

i used to go there in the 80s anyone know the sutherlands