Sign in to follow this  

State of the Country.

Voice of reason.

Like you I don't not differentiate by colour, racism or dicrimination of any kind is abhorrant and should not be tolerated.

Also, I agre that those in genuine need of help should not be refused asylum or entry, it is our morla obligation. However, my doubt is that not everyone who wishes to claim asylum are genuine and this is the problem. I have no problem whatsoever with immigrants, providing they are genuine asylum seekers or have skills which will add to our economy. I believe the problem to be more complex than anyone ever anticipated it ever being, and there has to be an answer.

My initial rant was at the state of the country as a whole, not just the asylum issue. By virtue of the fact that most replies to my post have highlighted the Asylum problem, just shows the depth and conviction of feeling this issue is causing. Whatever your views on the matter, the fact remains that this country is dying on its feet and something needs to be done now.

Labours Policy on Asylum a joke. I have to say Labour these days are just same as the Tories used to be, well - maybe not quite as bad but that way inclined. Who else is there to vote for?

I read the other day that this country has stopped all immigration, but not the asylum seeker's as they are a different category, forgive me, but what the hell are they talking about, asylum seeker's ARE immigrant's, it makes no difference what they call it, we are being ovewhelmed and swamped by these people, it must be stopped dead now. No exception's for any reason, what do these ruling nutcases need, to make them realise that this country is FULL to capacity and we cannot and WILL not take any more. The juidiciary are ruling agains't David Blunket as he is trying to reduce the vast number's of them coming in, who do these judges think they are?

I bet they would hold a different view if they had to live at the side of them, instead of being insulated in their posh guarded homes away from reality. :x:x:x

Dear Halevan

I am extremely concerned when people confuse the issues of immigration and asylum. I have to say and I am sure the majority will agree that these two issues are completely separate and grouping the two together only goes to fuel racial prejudice and highlight people's lack of education and awareness.

I would like to ask Halevan where exactly he thinks he hails from? Might I remind the people of Yorkshire that the majority of our ancesters hail from Norway and Denmark (In the form of the vikings) and that much of yorkshire dialect still today has remnants of it's scandinavian history.

I would also like to point out that 40,000 years ago we ALL stem from the same genetic pool, from a tribe in the congo and that is SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN. Every one of us is related. ALL of OUR ancesters migrated at some point in search of food and water.

I feel sorry for people who don't understand that. THe issue of asylum however, is a simple one! SOME people are taking advantage of our good nature and claiming asylum in order to fraudulently obtain monies and have a higher standard of living than their own countries.

I would however like to ask Halevan what he would intend doing, in the unlikely event that Saddam were to take power in this country. If he were to torture your family, rape you wife, kill your children and seize all your possessions. If he then threw you in jail for failing to convert to Islam. What would you do then? If you were to escape would you try to seek ASYLUM in another country. Or would you be pleased that he had destroyed your life and just accept that really your complete aversion to seeking refuge in another country also extends to you in this unfortunate scenario and therefore you wouldn't bother.

Once you had sought asylum in that other country, how would you feel about parocchial attitudes surrounding your arrival, from people who were verbally and often physically abusive to you because they saw you as a drain of resources. I suspect arrogance dictates you think it could NEVER HAPPEN TO YOU.

There are many people who share the same view as Halevan, you only have to read some of the posts on this forum. You make good points about our history and ancestry, Voiceofreason, but do you not wonder why these asylum seekers end up on our doorstep when fleeing their homelands when there are so many other countries in between us. As I have said before on this forum the UK is a soft touch and things need to change !

People would not feel so strongly if our homeless, sick and old age pensioners were treat with as much compassion by the govt as these asylum seekers.

Dear voice of reason,

Yes I am aware that we all came from a single cell in the beginning, I also know about the viking's from scandinavia, the roman's the french, the german's ( Saxon's ) spanish, raping and pillaging this has been going on for thousand's of year's.

I can assure you that I am not prejudiced agains't anyone from any country, neither am I arrogant, intolerant, or biased. I am quite aware that no one in the world is from a pure race, hitler tried this and failed miserably.

However, the asylum seeker's issue is quite another matter, we are taking people into this country who are determined to kill, maim, poison, and destroy us in any way they can, do you prefer to allow these kind to come here and welcome them with open arm's? if so, I do not understand your reasoning!

Are you prepared to see your family, wife, children, friend's put at risk because SOME immigrant's who arrive here are TERRORIST'S? I do not think so! Furthermore, we are not living 40,000 year's ago, times have changed, it is the year 2003 and today we have separate countries with their own lifestyle, who have evolved differently.

We should be taking care of our own, first and foremost not taking the problem's of the world on OUR shoulder's at the expense of the population of this country, from what you say, I QUESTION YOUR MOTIVES? and wonder why? and on what basis you form your very elequent opinion.

Hal. Evans. :?:?:?

If anyone cares to read my very first post then they would realise I too want an end to the constant stream of fraudulent asylum seekers!!!!!!!!!

However, I fail to understand those people who group immigrants, genuine asylum seekers, hoards of fraudulent asylum seekers (guesstimate over 90%) etc. in the same category.

So don't question my motives Halevan.

This country has gone soft! But racist abuse IS NOT the answer!

Just one more thing. Out of the supposed 100,000 who enter this country every year (please read my first note on the website as I know this figure to be far higher), how many exactly do you think are terrorists?

What about the IRA? SHould we ban all Irish men? What about ETA should we ban all the Spanish? Ridiculous nonense.

Finally, I am well aware we have all moved on from 40,000 years ago, however, we will continue to migrate as long as there is a means of travel. That's all I meant!

THIS REALLY IS FINALLY NOW! I too am outraged at the drain on our resources. My mother after years of owrking really hard had a near fatal car accident abroad, lost everything and has just had her disability reduced for the third time. Her condition is no better or worse. SHe has worked all her life paying into NI, as have I. I find it outrageous that people come into this country and take away monies from my mum's purse.

If you care to read ALL my messages you will realise that I want an end to this too but there are genuine asylum seekersand if we were to accept a couple of hundred each year it wouldn't break the Bank. We ARE after all one of the richest countries in the world.

Let's STOP the racism, STOP the confusion between normal immigrants, GENuine asylum seekers, fraudulent asylum seekers, and terrorists. Let's educate those who fail to see a difference between them.

Kind Regards :?

Originally posted by "halevan"

I read the other day that this country has stopped all immigration, but not the asylum seeker's as they are a different category, forgive me, but what the hell are they talking about, asylum seeker's ARE immigrant's, it makes no difference what they call it, we are being ovewhelmed and swamped by these people, it must be stopped dead now. No exception's for any reason, what do these ruling nutcases need, to make them realise that this country is FULL to capacity and we cannot and WILL not take any more. The juidiciary are ruling agains't David Blunket as he is trying to reduce the vast number's of them coming in, who do these judges think they are?

I bet they would hold a different view if they had to live at the side of them, instead of being insulated in their posh guarded homes away from reality. :x:x:x

Couple of things wrong here: we are NOT full, overwhelmed or swamped by these people, in fact in the North of England there is an abundance of empty council housing for these people; the ruling against Blunkett's plan (to deny benefits to those who didn't apply for asylum immediately upon arrival) was rightly shot down given that it was illegal and outwith his powers; and the nonsense about automatically refusing asylum applications because of your country of origin (i.e. some countries are considered "safe") was impractical and unworkable. People in the UK will sooner or later have to realise that as the fourth largest economy in the world, and with a substantially better quality of life than practically everywhere else on the planet, we have a responsibility to look after those less fortunate than ourselves. There will certainly be more than a couple of hundred genuine applicants a year. Deal with it, guys.

One of the problems I have with Asylum seekers in this country is that especially on the streets of London there is a huge increase of violent crime from these type of people. This is supposed to be why these people orignally fled their homeland. Bogus refugees is a massive issue. So much for Labour "Tough on Crime, Tough on Causes of Crime".

The bottom line is that something has got to be done. Back in December a dozen or so were caught trying to sneak into Britain by means of a magic carpet. That's right, they were found by Firemen in the back of a truck full of carpets that arrived at Folkestone. So, this is what the Government means by modernisation for the Fire Brigade is it? How many more are slipping through the net?