Hurlfield Boys School

I was there from '59 to '64... Edgerton was the Headmaster and Lupton the deputy. In my year were Ray Vyse, Michael Rowan, Andrew Housley, Mike Rodman, Michael Lyne (?), Pat Chalan (?), Derek Collier,Paul Godbehere, Mick Sharpe, Mick Viney.... any news on these names ??

I was there from '59 to '64... Edgerton was the Headmaster and Lupton the deputy. In my year were Ray Vyse, Michael Rowan, Andrew Housley, Mike Rodman, Michael Lyne (?), Pat Chalan (?), Derek Collier,Paul Godbehere, Mick Sharpe, Mick Viney.... any news on these names ??

Ray Vyse name rings a bell but non of the others.

Thanks PB.... what about Guy Radford, Paul Leaman, Pat(?) Quirk, John Maslen? Cheers!!

Thanks PB.... what about Guy Radford, Paul Leaman, Pat(?) Quirk, John Maslen? Cheers!!

Guy Radford maybe but can't place him.

Sorry but these guys were a couple of years before me.

hurlfield sxhool - keith turton - anyone remember him? i had to interview next door whilst he was canning pupils...... does anyone know what happenned to the barringtons who must have come to sheffield c. 82 - they were lovely oswald and billing i think - they soon fell to the level of the school to be accepted which i always thought was a shame - i now teach english to refugees and see this as a nice memory - park sheffield forum

I remember "man turton" A firm but fair teacher.I remember once he took our class and had to leave the room for while and said nobody move! Course soon has he left the class was in uproar,he came back all jokey and said come on all you muppets give your selves up!Who moved? He was all jokey and smiley that 4 boys got up and said ok sir i moved.Anybody else said man turton,2 more got up all of them laughing and joking.Man turton said come with me....He took them to his office,and they got the cane!!!! pure class!!!

I remember "man turton" A firm but fair teacher.I remember once he took our class and had to leave the room for while and said nobody move! Course soon has he left the class was in uproar,he came back all jokey and said come on all you muppets give your selves up!Who moved? He was all jokey and smiley that 4 boys got up and said ok sir i moved.Anybody else said man turton,2 more got up all of them laughing and joking.Man turton said come with me....He took them to his office,and they got the cane!!!! pure class!!!

ps im sure it was Barrington and Oswald Billings

alas poor mr turton is no longer with us he used to live near meadowhead he was my form teacher for a while i met him years later at his house where i was called to do a repair for him :(

Hurlfield School.

Yes some names are coming back to me. I was Head Boy in my Year 11 1963/64.

I was best mates with Mick Rowan (still a mate) and Bill Rodman (lost touch when he married a girl from Preston). Still remember Chris Curtis, Mick Viney (I used to sit by in Crawshaw's Form Group. Jimmy Hinch (took up football - I remember him kicking me in the nuts one time). Doc Collier (saw him in a big newspaper ad once). Sharpie. Bunny ... there must be more ...

Machin taught PE, Crawshaw Maths, Ken March a great History teacher and boss of the hockey team, Morgan RE, Shaw woodwork, Spitting Greenhough geography, Pat Jennings Science and Duke of Edinburgh expeditions.

Whare are they all now?

Thanks for the post Ray. I am David Price and well remember the Rodman/Rowan/Vyse triumvirate. You all did well and, as I recall, went on to A levels at the Grammar School, and beyond. The other names you mentioned brought back memories. I understand the school has now been demolished. Google Earth almost caught the works halfway through!

I have lived in Australia since 1968; now enjoying retirement between homes in Melbourne and the Gold Coast in Queensland.

davidprice99@gmail.com

I left in '75. Mr Adams was head at that time. I remember Miss Jepson and lots of the names you all have mentioned.

The reunion's that were mentioned in previous message were organised by my friend and me.

Does any one remember the documentry it was filmed in about '73.

I didn't got to Hurlfield, but can tell you Mick Viney is still about!!!!!