The "I am currently reading" thread

The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty. It's not got me gripped yet, but i loved her books Big Little Lies and The Husband's Secret, so i'm sticking with it.

All Too Beautiful by Paolo Hewitt, a biography of Steve Marriott, and not a very well written one. In my youth I was quite the Small Faces fan so it's of interest to me but if you didn't like them you have no reason to read this book.

Just started on Big Business Murder, another old detective story by G.D.H. & M. Cole.

House Of Fear-A collection of ghost stories and haunted houses.

Some good,some bad.

Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

---------- Post added 19-12-2015 at 17:51 ----------

Just started Clive Cussler The Silent Sea

Listening to Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke, read by Simon Prebble. Magnificent. Highly recommended.

Just half way through the Illywhacker by Peter Carey. Its about a 140 odd year old Ozzy who is an incorrigible liar. Its pretty good so far, and only a pound from Poundland. Any one got any other recommendations for a quid from Poundland/Poundworld?

Its about a 140 odd year old Ozzy who is an incorrigible liar.

I shall have to read this, I like Black Sabbath!

Peter Cook - So Farewell Then. By Wendy E. Cook. Explains all about satire in the 60's. I realise that, although I was alive in this decade, I didn't know half of what was going on.

The Gardener of Ochakov by Andrey Kurkov.

A typical mix of bizarre events and black humour.

Just finished The House of Cthulhu by Brian Lumley, a collection of Lovecraftian stories; and just started Strawberry Roan by A.G. Street, an everyday story of Wiltshire farming folk.

Watership Down by Richard Adams. I'd never read it or seen the film, so when I saw it going cheap as a Kindle deal I decided to give it a go. "Surprising" is the word, I'd been under the impression it was basically a kids book but it really isn't, the style and vocabulary are quite adult and it has some pretty adult themes. If you think this would be cosy bedtime reading for your under-10s, think again.