The "I am currently reading" thread

Just finished What If, by Randall Munro, and The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson.

7/10 and 8/10 respectively.

Currently reading "Elizabeth is Missing" by Emma Healey.

A good read which I would recommend. I'm a bit disappointed that it's less than 300 words but that seems to the norm lately with some books :rant:

The Moses Legacy-Alan Palmer.

A thriller about the supposed discovery of the stone tablets that held the original 10 commandments.A professional hit man and how it affects present day Israel,good so far.

Now on another old Morse, The Riddle of the Third Mile. Intriguing so far.

All of his I've read have been good, but my favourite was The Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World. Two completely disparate strands come together, a bit like The Bridge by Iain Banks.

I read 'The Wasp Factory' when it first came out, around thirty years ago, and loved it. However, I seem to remember giving up on 'The Bridge' for some reason or other. I may give it another go though.

Currently reading "Elizabeth is Missing" by Emma Healey.

A good read which I would recommend. I'm a bit disappointed that it's less than 300 words but that seems to the norm lately with some books :rant:

Less than 300 words? That is short! :o:hihi:

I'm currently halfway through book 3 of 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami (2Q84) at the mo, and really enjoying it.

Murakami keeps mentioning 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Proust in his novel, so I've just bought that to read next. A bit daunting at over 3,000 pages but, having said that, it's only two thirds as long as all the Harry Potter books. Having had a quick look, it seems quite readable. Never read any Harry Potter.

Less than 300 words? That is short! :o:hihi:

Haha woops!

---------- Post added 25-11-2015 at 10:03 ----------

Now onto Watchers by Dean Koontz, definitely recommend if you like gore and a bit of horror! This is the first of his books I've read and I'm definitely getting more.

Ah The Wasp Factory! I actually recommended this to somebody a couple of weeks ago. Definitely worth a read, very dark humour. The Crow Road is the only other Iain Banks book I've read but that is also very good.

Currently re-reading Azincourt by Bernard Cornwell. Have also just bought Stephen King's new short stories collection 'Bazaar of Bad Dreams' which I'm looking forward to.

Quite enjoying Word Drops by Paul Anthony Jones, which is a compilation of linguistic curiosities, though a bit depressed to find that it's not even the book of the website, as many such books are, but instead it's the book of the Twitter feed.

The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber. A born-again Christian goes to another planet to build a church and minister to the aliens. Much, much better than it sounds, really compelling and thought-provoking.