The "I am currently reading" thread

I'm reading 'the War in the Air' by H.G. Wells. A futuristic novel about a time where aeroplanes are used in warfare (writen before it was thought possible)

What You See Is What You Get by Alan Sugar

Third of the way through and it is very interesting so far

Summer in the City by Pauline Mclynn. A strange tale about the inhabitants of a cul-de-sac down south somewhere. Well written. The central character is a woman of 30 whose husband has left her taking with him the proceeds of their house sale. So she's living in a car - at least on page 200 she is.

Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang.

is v. funny.

have just re-read the "Earthsea trilogy" by Urusla Le guin. superb fantasy books, once read it on hols when about 13 yrs old, and decided it was time to revisit it courtesy of amazon. great memories, great book.

Life of Pi by Yann Martel...wonderful!

Loved that book....but have recently read 'One day' by David Nicholls - a proper modern relationships book. A great read!

Men Of Men - Wilbur Smith...the second of Smiths' Ballantyne books, not as good as the Courtney series but this is a good read.

Before I go to Sleep - SJ Watson...........its about a woman with amnesia, every morning she wakes up in a strange bed with a strange man - her husband - and discovers what has happened in her life - its a page turning thriller I am on the edge of my seat.(Taking time out to eat lunch though)