The "I am currently reading" thread

Crow Road, Ian Banks... It's got loads of characters in and I keep forgetting who is who! And it jumps about lots...

It's good tho!

"It was the day my grandmother exploded. I sat in the crematorium, listening to my uncle Hamish quietly snoring in harmony to Bach's mass in B minor, and I reflected that it always seemed to be death that drew me back to Gallanach."

Absolutely my favorite authuor :thumbsup:Have you read 'Whit' or 'Complicity'? They are also excellent. His sci-fi is great as well;)

Just finished The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzman by Louis de Bernieres, for about the 5th time. I love that trilogy!

I loved that trilogy. Sad and distressing in some places, uplifting and magical in others.

I am currently reading Ghostwritten by David Mitchell

faces - martina cole.

daddys girl - janet inglis

"It was the day my grandmother exploded. I sat in the crematorium, listening to my uncle Hamish quietly snoring in harmony to Bach's mass in B minor, and I reflected that it always seemed to be death that drew me back to Gallanach."

Absolutely my favorite authuor :thumbsup:Have you read 'Whit' or 'Complicity'? They are also excellent. His sci-fi is great as well;)

I loved 'The Business' 'Complicity' and 'Inversions'. I have no idea what the hell 'Song of Ston' was about or why he wrote it.. Worst book in the world ever!!

I am currently reading Russell Brands, My booky wook.

A look into his very "colourful" life:D

me too! :thumbsup:

me too! :thumbsup:

Brilliant book, I`ve almost finished it!

I loved 'The Business' 'Complicity' and 'Inversions'. I have no idea what the hell 'Song of Ston' was about or why he wrote it.. Worst book in the world ever!!

Oh yeah, forgot about that one, don't read 'The Bridge' then! I believe 'Song of Stone' was based on a poem he wrote when he was a mere slip of a boy, or summat. Had I read it the once I would agree but the second and third times it improves! I don't blame you if you just take my word for it though! I am a little Iain Banks obsessed, I've read all his books at least twice:loopy::help:

I have just finished reading a very good but traumatic biography about Kathy O' Beirne who was abused by the catholic church and it's representatives from the age of five or so, and she was then sent on to the horrific 'Magdalen laundries' This was only in the 1970's.Everyone should read this book, and then congratulate Kathy on her bravery.

I'm now reding a book called 'Garden spells' it's fictional, but very mystical story of a family of gardeners who have special psychic powers and the things in the garden work like magical charms.A very unusual and good book so far.

I have just finished reading a very good but traumatic biography about Kathy O' Beirne who was abused by the catholic church and it's representatives from the age of five or so, and she was then sent on to the horrific 'Magdalen laundries' This was only in the 1970's.Everyone should read this book, and then congratulate Kathy on her bravery.

I'm now reding a book called 'Garden spells' it's fictional, but very mystical story of a family of gardeners who have special psychic powers and the things in the garden work like magical charms.A very unusual and good book so far.

i've read the magdelene sisters too and i've seen the film but it was proved that kathy o brian was a liar:( great book though. am reading the girl from penny lane at the min

I'm currently reading "Moab is my Washpot" by Stephen Fry. It's very funny.

Brilliant book, I`ve almost finished it!
Wouldn't go so far as brilliant. its amusing in parts and the bit about the orgy is laugh out loud but thats about it