The "I am currently reading" thread

Just read No Bail for the Judge by Henry Cecil (the humorous legal crime novelist, not the racehorse trainer) which was amusing enough.

Now on to Hey, Nostradamus by Douglas Coupland.

CJ Sansom's latest in the Shardlake series, Lamentation.

I'm only on page 180 but it already has every ingredient which I so, so love about this writer. It's the sixth book I've read by Sansom.

'Want You Dead.' Another by Peter James - written 2014. I think he's writing another one at the moment.

Currently wading my way through the "Rebus" series by Ian Rankin.

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger.

Only a few chapters in but loving the style of writing

Listening to an unabridged recording of Stephen King's 'It'. Creepy enough on the page, having Pennywise whisper in your ear as you fall asleep is definitely not recommended.

We are all completely beside ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. Don't read any Amazon type reviews as it will spoil the twist. Surprising, thoughtful, made me question life . Unputdownable.

"Anger Is An Energy", the autobiography of John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols and later PIL (Public Image Limited). Quite interesting read, he tells the story of his early life in a poor, Irish family in London, his close brush with death, from meningitis aged seven, which left him with amnesia, through him working with Malcolm Maclaren, and vivienne Westwood.

I'm about halfway through, so far.

it's been interesting, although the writing style is a little too "stream of conciousness" for my liking.

Anything by Mark Edwards and Mark Edwards/Louise Voss - mystery crime thriller writers, ebooks and paperbacks!!

Definitely recommend!!!

Just finished 'The Last Word' by Ben McIntyre, a collection of columns from the Times book sections about books, words and so on. I thought I was going to enjoy this, and for a bit I did, but after a while the author's habit of repeating himself got rather annoying - it could have done with a good edit. For example there were two pieces about people reviewing books on Amazon that were very similar, and I lost count of the number of times he explained what Chinglish was.

Anyway now for something different - 'The Moorstone Sickness' by Bernard Taylor, which looks as though it might be set somewhere like the Peak District - a bit like Ramsey Campbell's 'The Hungry Moon' maybe.

Edit: ah, no, it turns out it's Dartmoor instead.

Edited by metalman