The "I am currently reading" thread

I'm currently reading Jilly Coopers Polo, but I can't seem to get into it. I loved Riders and have read it a few times but this one hasn't grasped me yet.

I'm currently reading 'Faith' by Lesley Pearse.Very good so far.

I've just read and finished "The Broons 2008 annual".!

Jim

I'm half way through "Take it like a man"- the autobiography of Boy George. Was stuck for something to read and ir was passed on by the MIL.

So far, the best auto biog I've read.

Jim

Absolutely brilliant book, I loved it. Read it a couple of times!

This week, I've read Keith Allens autobiography - Grow up, and Pearl Lowes autobiography - All that Glitters - Living on the Dark Side of Rock and Roll. Really enjoyed them both. I've got 4 or 5 more from Christmas to get through. :)

I've just read and finished "The Broons 2008 annual".!

Jim

You lucky boy! I loved the Broons and Oor Wullie when I was a kid. (They've been around for ever :roll:)

You lucky boy! I loved the Broons and Oor Wullie when I was a kid. (They've been around for ever :roll:)

A couple of months ago I was trying to explain to Mrs Surfin how my Gran in Scotland would send The Broons one year for Chrimbo, and then Oor Wullie the following year. Hey presto, she gets the Broons as a cheeky stocking filler for me. I'm now on the hunt for previous Oor Wullie annuals to show my little lad whose 6.

I'll have to find some more serious reading now as well though!

Jim

I'm reading How to Stop Smoking Permanently - Allen Carr. 11 days since my last ciggie too!!!!!

Aww, happy memories! I loved them too as a kiddie - I remember looking at the pictures in Oor Wullie before I could even read! :)

StarSparkle

Just finished Freakonomics by Levitt and Dubner - interesting outlook on data' date=' statistics and economics, but a little repetitive. ; nearly finished Yacoubian Building by Alaa Al Aswany - a good holiday read, lots of short stories, some of which are a little shocking; and just started Half of A Yellow Sun by Adiche, gripping.[/quote']

I finished Half of the Yellow Sun a couple of weeks ago (discussing it at book group at the Red Lion tonight) but not my cup of tea. Also just finished Graham Greene's The Heart of the Matter.

If you liked Freakonomics (and I thought it was terrific) then I would thoroughly recommend "The Tiger That Isn't" by Blastland and Dilmot. It is mainly about statistics and shows how many news stories etc are based on completely missleading statistics.

I'm reading How to Stop Smoking Permanently - Allen Carr. 11 days since my last ciggie too!!!!!

Good luck, it worked for me, in two weeks I'll have been stopped a year. No desire either. Well done on 11 days!!!! :)

I am reading "Making Money", the latest discworld story from Terry Pratchett

Just finished The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzman by Louis de Bernieres, for about the 5th time. I love that trilogy!