Does any one remember clipboard man and dwarf?

Originally posted by Bad_Hair_Day

I went to school with Dave Aston - Azzo as he was known. I remember one day he came to school with a parachute and tried jumping off the school bank to see if he could fly!

It's not Azo that now does the market research in town. I havn't seen him for a few years now, come to think of him.

I was in the same year as him at City, and would hope that the big daft lad is still knocking around somewhere, dwarf or no dwarf....

I know David Aston ... a very interesting fellow ... quite sure he's online so I'm sure he'll hear about this thread soon enuff ....

gremlin_mick ... would your surname happen to begin with a 'L' !?

I was in the year above you / azo at City mick, so I think it may well be you .....

Did you guys know the crump brothers? I think they went to city or was it norfolk school, anyway they sadly passed away.

yeah i used to hang around with azzo and jules.

ive known azzo for years........from the youth club at city school.

and jules on the punk scene from about 1986?

jules was one of my best friends and a good drinking / smoking buddy R.I.P

me an jules had some good times, we went to the free heineken festival in leeds one year to see the stranglers, that was a laugh and a half, we drunk ourselves skint the first day :oops:

yeah azzo and jules were the nutters walking about dressing up being silly on fargate.

once i stuck a wig on, and jules did and we entered virgin on fargate, as i was banned for shoplifting, just to see how far we got, not very far as it happens, the security guard recognised BOTh of us :P

jules appeared in the film willow, well his hand did, handing an apple over on a fruit stall, i think he was in a crowd scene too.

sadly he passed away a long time ago now, drunk himself to death........silly ****er :)

at least he died doing what he enjoyed :)

he was one top bloke, as they say the best always go first :(

wouldnt mind contacting azzo if hes online tho too

ill have to look, im not sure if i already scanned them in but i do have newspaper cuttings from when jules died and pics of him in costume in snow white.

Azzo used to play keyboards for our band at City School "The Electric Armpits". He was a decent chap with lots of bottle - he did a solo concert playing what sounded like "Kids In America" but singing "kids with hysteria" I think. He helped write our "christmas single" which was much appreciated by Frank Sidebottom. Not seen him since the Fargate days.

Originally posted by Norbert

Azzo used to play keyboards for our band at City School "The Electric Armpits". He was a decent chap with lots of bottle - he did a solo concert playing what sounded like "Kids In America" but singing "kids with hysteria" I think. He helped write our "christmas single" which was much appreciated by Frank Sidebottom. Not seen him since the Fargate days.

ive seen him playing his keyboard in the youth club at city school

The tall dude with the clipboard... there was a sketch on The League of Gentlemen a couple of years ago that reminded me so much of him, it must have been based on this dude.

thought i had em

if anybodys interested heres a couple of newspaper cuttings from the sheffield star of Jools

one from when he died and one on stage in snow white.hes at the front in yellow :)

http://www.melthebell.dsl.pipex.com/files/miscpics/jools.jpg

if anybody can find out the date he died id be grateful cos ive forgot :(

think it was 96?

I remember seeing these 2, it was 1992-3 and Julian was dressed in his Elvis suit, shouting abuse to a guy (Dave) dressed as a city Toff with Briefcase, brolly and bowler hat. we were in stitches and followed them for hours hehehe

Originally posted by melthebell

if anybody can find out the date he died id be grateful cos ive forgot :(

think it was 96?

Snow White was at the Lyceum over the 1994/95 Christmas season - it was my last year working in the box office there and I remember it pretty clearly. That was the run when Jules sadly died.

lol ive just been reminded of this thread, brings back some great great memories of both azzo AND jules

i also was told it was 95 he died, how times fly, could so easily have been me the amount we both used to drink around that time