- 18 c - That's cold!

Guest Mod_Man
2008 Can expect temperatures to plummet to these depths according to a newspaper i was reading online, it is going to be the big freeze apparently.

I thought this was suppose to hit us last year, maybe it's a year late but - 18 , blimey!

Absolute ********, they were discussing this on the radio last night and the met office guy said it's completely untrue. What is true is that there is a chance we may have snow on Wednesday or Thursday.

Guest Mod_Man
Wow! Minus 18, must be that 'Global Warming!'

I do love people who say things like this. It shows they have no grasp of the issue.

Yes I agree. Stormy read up on a little thing called the Gulf stream and how a warmer planet could result in the UK being as cold as Canada and Russia. Global warming doesn't necessarily mean everywhere will get warmer, I believe that's why they now call it climate change.

Yes I agree. Stormy read up on a little thing called the Gulf stream and how a warmer planet could result in the UK being as cold as Canada and Russia. Global warming doesn't necessarily mean everywhere will get warmer, I believe that's why they now call it climate change.

Id love to see this country like canada, with proper seasons. Winter in winter, summer in summer etc, mind i dont think the uk could cope like the usa and canada with deep snow nowadays!:rolleyes::D

It was a paper it was quoted in but can't remember which one but if it was -27 in Scotland in 1995 there is every chance it could happen!

I do love people who say things like this. It shows they have no grasp of the issue.

Christ it was only a joke calm down Gibbon.

Again it was only a joke, some of you people need to lighten up a bit. :rolleyes:

Guest Mod_Man
Christ it was only a joke calm down Gibbon.

Again it was only a joke, some of you people need to lighten up a bit. :rolleyes:

You see that little :rolleyes: emoticon you have used? We have those to express whether or not something is a joke, we have this :hihi:, this :D and er this :smile:. I'm sorry your tremendous delivery of a joke didn't translate well. maybe before you tell people to chill you should learn how to be funny. :hihi:

Wow! Minus 18, must be that 'Global Warming!'

I was thinking exactly the same thing, maybe i don't understand the nature of global warming.

Must admit the thing that concerns me about the cold snap, will be the resulting gridlock.

You have to admit, many drivers are now struggling to cope with rain when driving, note the additional traffic jams when the weathers bad, god know how people will cope.

BTW some of you guys need to lighten up, Stormy was only having a laugh.

It was a paper it was quoted in but can't remember which one but if it was -27 in Scotland in 1995 there is every chance it could happen!

I think this was the last 'bad' winter i remember, deep snow and iceycles

You see that little :rolleyes: emoticon you have used? We have those to express whether or not something is a joke, we have this :hihi:, this :D and er this :smile:. I'm sorry your tremendous delivery of a joke didn't translate well. maybe before you tell people to chill you should learn how to be funny. :hihi:

Wow thanks for that lesson Mod_Man. Perhaps next time you could give me a lesson on how to be patronising as you seem to be ever so good at it. Such a clever little boy aren't you ;)

Guest Mod_Man
Such a clever little boy aren't you ;)

I have my moments. Thanks. :D

BTW some of you guys need to lighten up, Stormy was only having a laugh.

In the absence of smilies, it's hard to tell the difference between someone having a laugh and a thicko who actually believes what he's typing.

You can't blame people for drawing the wrong conclusion.