- 18 c - That's cold!

2008 Can expect temperatures to plummet to these depths according to a newspaper i was reading online, it is going to be the big freeze apparently.

I thought this was suppose to hit us last year, maybe it's a year late but - 18 , blimey!

2008 Can expect temperatures to plummet to these depths according to a newspaper i was reading online, it is going to be the big freeze apparently.

I thought this was suppose to hit us last year, maybe it's a year late but - 18 , blimey!

Yes, maybe, but then again this summer was going to be a record-breaking heatwave and drought, I seem to recall. :hihi:

If it happens, it'll happen. I find -18 difficult to believe though - unless it's the 'wind chill' weather forecasters salivate about - 'that's enough to freeze flesh'... :twisted:

Quite the norm for one North American country, I was in Canada in March and it never went above -7 :help:

Tip : Don't mistake frozen ice for snow, it hurts your foot :hihi:

Wow! Minus 18, must be that 'Global Warming!'

Who is responsible for this prediction, then? Certainly not the Met Office, who only ever give probabilities. There is a (very) small chance that the temperature will drop to -18, maybe even lower .. but it's precisely that. A small chance.

Wow! Minus 18, must be that 'Global Warming!'

I do love people who say things like this. It shows they have no grasp of the issue.

It has to be the express or mail forecasting really stupid headlines.The actuall forecast is for three days of colder weather with some snow flurries.From wed till fri.Temps around plus 2 or 3.Back to wind and rain next week.Just checked is mr Corbyn in the express.He was also forecasting killer storms in november.Absolute rubbish.

It has to be the express or mail forecasting really stupid headlines.The actuall forecast is for three days of colder weather with some snow flurries.From wed till fri.Temps around plus 2 or 3.Back to wind and rain next week.Just checked is mr Corbyn in the express.He was also forecasting killer storms in november.Absolute rubbish.

This is true, the express and mail are always a bit extreme to say the least!:rolleyes:. Actually acording to ceefax page 407, today in 1995 was -27 somewhere in scotland!. AHhhh the nice big blizzards of 1995 allover again please.:cool:

This is true, the express and mail are always a bit extreme to say the least!:rolleyes:. Actually acording to ceefax page 407, today in 1995 was -27 somewhere in scotland!. AHhhh the nice big blizzards of 1995 allover again please.:cool:
Yes remember it well.This so called current cold spell coming up is just a three day event with cold winds and some snow flurries.We may see nothing in south yorkshire beforethe wind and rain come back in .:(

Alternatively, you are all invited up to Scotland where it will be warmer than Sheffield!Yes, really!

Alternatively, you are all invited up to Scotland where it will be warmer than Sheffield!Yes, really!

But I've always found Scottish people tend to be warmer than down here. ;)