Vista and Bluetooth

Has anybody had any problems with bluetooth devices (mainly dongles) when running Vista and managed to sort them out. When I plug the dongle in all I get is a request for four or five drivers, and a search that never stops even after the device is removed. I have tried software from the IVT BlueSoleil site but this software did nothing, it didnt even have icons to start from after it installed.

installing 4/5 devices (or more) is normal for the BlueSoleil or Widcomm drivers (or similar) as it installs the actual dongle its self, the bluetooth serial port, network, push box, file transfer, modem port, audio device, and possibly others... and once an install script has started, it wont stop (hence why it continues even after you remove the dongle)... my advise, plug in the dongle, and leave it to do what it does, wait till its finished then you'll be fine.. to plug/unplug it at will.

I'm off to bed Ghozer. Thanks for the advice, I will plug it in and see what happens when I wake up :thumbsup:

It seems to be failing on everything, even got something about csr radio and motorola razr :confused:

Edit : And now nokia phone.

Get it whacked on ebay, and get yourself a well known dongle, from a reputable company.

csr Radio is the blue tooth device its self.....

motorola Razr and nokia are the phones its detected within range.

I haven't had any problems with the Bluetooth installation on my computer. I use my Bluetooth headset as a Skype phone but I've found that it's easier to use the data cable to download photos and backup my mobile to the computer anyway.

I was gonna dump Vista a while ago due to problems with the graphics card but there now sorted. I just keep getting little niggling things with it but its just so nice to use, the user interface is excellent. I will stick with it for a bit longer but will keep the other drive with everything XP on it. Lets see what SP1 for Vista and SP3 for XP brings with it with regards to performance.

no problem here got mine from argos cheapest one and works fine on vista.