Sheffield Social Services

How do I get my kids back?  

1. 1. How do I get my kids back?

• What do you think of the s/s?
    • Have you had dealings with s/s?

I had to call the s/s in to help me with my 4 children. They were brilliant and I cannot praise them enough. I move to swansea nd get the biggest load of (unmentionable names) you could ever imagine. resulting in my 4 children being took off me and returned to their mother, Who incidentally walked out on them 2 years previously.Now I ask you is that classed as fair or just? especially when the kids did not want anything to do with her?

• How do I get my kids back?
  • What do you think of the s/s?
  • Have you had dealings with s/s?

From a disillusioned father.

[Edited by Tony Ruscoe - poll questions moved the the main body of the post as the poll wasn't setup correctly]

I have not had any dealings with social services but I do know a couple of social workers and their dedication to their job is admirable. It always seems a pity to me that they only ever get bad press when their intentions are always of the highest order. And they work so hard to achieve the best they can.

The problem with custody cases is tha tin general dad's have a steeper hill to climb when fighting for their kids. It is a common assumption that kids should be with their mother.

However, whilst I was challenged for the custody of my son and won, I can certainly say and know of mothers who should not be allowed to permantly look after their children and in some cases not have any contact at all.

My step-daughteres mother gave up her daughter after only one day of single motherdom, adn rightfully so my husband was granted custody.

My own mother abandoned myself and my sister to a brutal and sick father and rightfully lost all rights to us - as did my 'father'.

If you are in the right and can PROOVE it then you will get your kids back. A long horrible haul is ahead of you, get yourself some good solicitors (I can recomend the ones both myself and my husband have used in our custody cases) and fight.

Moon

Speaking from personal experience, the law always favours even a bad Mother, my baby girl was taken from my Son and I when she was only three. We applied for custody, but the probation officer told us that the court would question our motives.

She was hostile and so was the Mother, the high court Judge said that we would be allowed to see her, but we never were, every time we knocked on the door it was Oh, she is ill, she is away, she is on holiday ,it is not convenient, even the school teacher was hostile and told us not to go again, we were told to F**K off

by the ex-wife and my son heard it.

consequently, we never did see her and now she is married with a child and has been brainwashed against us totally, so now, we are strangers and never see each other at all.

Its a sad situation for all concerned and you need to look at whats best for the children.

Firstly there is always two sides to a story and not knowing the details of your wife I.E not getting custody in the first place, i,m affraid you have an up hill struggle.

Its rare that the father gets custody of there Children but when i say rare, its still possible for you to win depending the reasons why your wife is not fit to have them which is what you are suggesting, maybe drugs, or something worse.

If your wife is not involved in those kind of terms then a court may find it very difficult to give you custody.

If you apply for custody because your wifes been unfaithfull it still won't stand in court and your unlikely to be successfull.

The law stinks sometimes and we dads get a raw deal in marriage break downs theres no doubt about that but maybe the best policy will be for you and your wife to get together and be reasonable with access, no matter what you think of her or visa versa, bite your tongue and go and talk to her or you may find that if its goes to court you could be lucky to see them once a week.

I know its not you want to hear but face reality, put your fued with you wife to one side and talk.

That makes sense because the poor mites can be easily brain washed against the other parent.

In my personal view, and i repeat its only my view is that the children are almost always best going to there Mother.

I would not have any problems with my Children going to live with there Mum if we split.

They would be cared for to a high standard with her, and i am confident at that, as long as i could have access.

Its best if you can leave the solicitors and courts out of it and have a mutual understanding, but thats not always possible.

Archived