Is the rain in Chapeltown worth worrying about right now?

why is it everytime we get abit of rain for longer than 5 mins everyone panics?

eeerrrrrrrmmmmmm :confused::loopy::confused:

yea ok sheffield flooded but that was constant rain for over 48hours. 5 minutes of rain now and everyone starts panickin

A huge specialiest machine dug down and widened the river in Chapeltown a few weeks ago. My son lives down there and says the river is now as wide as the road, so hopefully this should help ease the situation.

yea ok sheffield flooded but that was constant rain for over 48hours. 5 minutes of rain now and everyone starts panickin

Exactly. What is wrong with people.:rant:

It's not like we've never had heavy rain before, but suddenly after one event last summer and everybody gets their paranoid hat on over a bit of rain. CHILL OUT PEOPLE!!!

CHILL OUT PEOPLE!!!

CHILL OUT:rant: CHILL OUT..:rant: YA WHAT???:rant:

mi ponds flooded...:hihi:

:help:

It's not like we've never had heavy rain before, but suddenly after one event last summer and everybody gets their paranoid hat on over a bit of rain. CHILL OUT PEOPLE!!!

No disrespect Sixsix but for those of us whose homes were flooded will never rest easy when it rains hard now. :|

No disrespect Sixsix but for those of us whose homes were flooded will never rest easy when it rains hard now. :|

Maybe there's a lesson that needs to be learned there then foxy.

Simple! Because my dad was in corwall for christmas and one of the neigbours rang him to see what time he will be back because the river is flooding again she told him! so been as though he lost everything in the last flood he called me as I have a key but live on the other side of sheffield

I did not know about the river widening because I dont live there, but did not think the rain was as bad as the negibour had said so asked here rather than a 1hour round trip for nothing!

Sorry if that gets your back up but I thought thats why we have forums like this to ask advice and general stuff.

sorry

Simple! Because my dad was in corwall for christmas and one of the neigbours rang him to see what time he will be back because the river is flooding again she told him! so been as though he lost everything in the last flood he called me as I have a key but live on the other side of sheffield

I did not know about the river widening because I dont live there, but did not think the rain was as bad as the negibour had said so asked here rather than a 1hour round trip for nothing!

Sorry if that gets your back up but I thought thats why we have forums like this to ask advice and general stuff.

sorry

I was talking in general terms about flooding on this and other threads and listening to people on the street and in other public places.

As I've already implied, if your father gets worried about flooding every time there's a rain storm then maybe he needs to look at other options.

I usually live next door to your dad and we were watching the weather too. We checked today and all was fine but I don't know which bit of the river has been dredged/widened it's not our bit, only a small patch under the end bridge which was supposed to stop our cellars flooding, it hasn't done much of a job, the floor's damp again but that's nothing to worry about just yet.

Say hi to him from all of us, we hope to see him soon

Andrea

I have a friend from Chap who STILL hasn't got back to her house since the summer flood. Anyone else suffering the same because of damage done?

AB