Pagehall, Pitsmoor and Shirecliffe

I'm moving to Sheffield with work and looking at flats/houses in these areas to rent. Can anyone tell me what they are like?

The house in Pitsmoor is on Pitsmoor road (nearer woodside than pitsmoor), Pagehall house is on Lloyd Street and in Shirecliffe is in Donovan Road.

Basically I'm looking for an area which has good transport links to the city centre and one that isn't bad for crime/intimidation. I took a drive round Page Hall in the evening and there were lots of people hanging around outside, but they seemed to be mostly kids with nothing to do???

Thanks.

J.

I'm moving to Sheffield with work and looking at flats/houses in these areas to rent. Can anyone tell me what they are like?

The house in Pitsmoor is on Pitsmoor road (nearer woodside than pitsmoor), Pagehall house is on Lloyd Street and in Shirecliffe is in Donovan Road.

Basically I'm looking for an area which has good transport links to the city centre and one that isn't bad for crime/intimidation. I took a drive round Page Hall in the evening and there were lots of people hanging around outside, but they seemed to be mostly kids with nothing to do???

Thanks.

J.

Donovan Road is more Parson Cross than Shirecliffe, but they aren't that far distant apart. (shirecliffe is S4 postcode, and PX is S5) there's a pub at the bottom of Donovan which used to be rough when I lived near there 25-odd years ago, (Fortyfoot) depending on what end of the road you are on, there's shops and a fairly regular bus service to the city centre.

Donovan Road is more Parson Cross than Shirecliffe, but they aren't that far distant apart. (shirecliffe is S4 postcode, and PX is S5) there's a pub at the bottom of Donovan which used to be rough when I lived near there 25-odd years ago, (Fortyfoot) depending on what end of the road you are on, there's shops and a fairly regular bus service to the city centre.

shirecliffe is s5 too, at least it was when i lived there

Fortyfoot pub is closed down and borded up now, as is the Fivearches at shirecliffe.

Donovan Road is is pretty quiet now. and due for modernisation soon.

Out of the roads stated i'd deffo say Donovan Rd.