The Asia Tsunami Disaster

Originally posted by Sniper

I have a right to freedom of speech and so do you so i dont care if you answer or not thats your right:thumbsup:

And I for one uphold you right to talk s**t

IMHO they need all the help they can get.......

I think they deserve some of my money purely because it is the generous thing to do.

It does seem a bit hypocritical on the part of the world - recall seeing that sri lanka and indonesias debt INTEREST would be in the region of $3 billion for one year, yet one major tradedy happens and everybody suddenly forgets how much we take off them.

And right now, throwing yet more money at the railways and the hospitals is not the answer - better use of existing funding is much more important.

If you choose not to give your money, its your decision completely - I certainly won't criticise you for it, but I don't feel happy in the knowledge i'm sat here with my broadband connection, central heating, warm clothes, when so many people have been made homeless through no fault of their own.

England first and then them.:rant:

So, care to tell us at what point would your greed be satiated enough to begin show compassion for your fellow human beings?

Hmm. 'England first' eh? Well that's the Scots, Welsh, Cornish, and Irish alienated too.

Nomme

Last time I checked, the government were there as much as a representative of our culture, values and our collective will as anything else. So take that along with the fact that there has NEVER been such a tremendous willingness by the people of this country to put their money where there mouth is... and you have your answer...

I've been involved in a number of the older DEC emergency appeals including the Indian Cyclone, Kosovo Appeal and we didn't make even close to the amount that has been contributed to date...

As for talking about walking paths in the lake district... good grief... where on earth is your sense of proportion... :loopy:

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

(Tongue in cheek my friend).

Oh lord... ok... duly noted... *dumb moment cancelled* :gag:

No probs mate!

I took the original posting to be one of those Trojan Horse thingies where it's pushed in to just cause a load of trouble...

I was kind of 'joining in'.

In the light of there being no :sarcastic: smiley I used the only one I thought looked sarcastic!

Have a good 2005!:clap:

The whole thing makes me sick to the stomach i know it

was bad but it was a natural disaster and its not as if

England has not got enough problems of its own to

deal with our Hospitals and railways are going up

the spout and look at the army no money for any them

but money for people who have nothing to do with England

what gives why cant we just look after ourselves for once

Why don't you swap places with some of the people affected by the tsunami?

Wouldn't you want foreign aid then?

Nationalists like yourself sicken me.

Sending aid, it's the right thing to do and I'm impressed that many of our people have shown morals by donating so much money.

As someone has already said, we do have problems- but can we seriously compare them to the Tsunami disaster.

I would only like to make one observation on this subject....

If England were to have a natural disaster of biblical proportions........Who would aid the UK? as it seems that we always have to help other countries that cannot help themselves.

If they cannot help themselves even in calm times.....who would be there to help the UK citizens?

By the way!!! I did contribute!

The whole thing makes me sick to the stomach i know it

was bad but it was a natural disaster and its not as if

England has not got enough problems of its own to

deal with our Hospitals and railways are going up

the spout and look at the army no money for any them

but money for people who have nothing to do with England

what gives why cant we just look after ourselves for once

Sniper,

They're in a worse situation than we are and even in a very self-centered, geopolitical approach there would be advantages to offering visible aid to an area of the world that is getting an extremely biased view of the West from local media and extremists.

And, you talk about England - what about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland? Or are you so bigoted that only England within the UK matters?

Joe

The good thing about giving to this disaster is that it WILL actually make a significant difference unlike all the money we've given to africa over the years which on the face of it seems no better off - people in africa suffer on a daily basis -

30,000 people EVERY DAY die of starvation in africa which is a daily Tsunami, now that puts things into perspective

The problem is that giving money to africa does not necessarily goto the people that need it but to governments who are often corrupt and use it to line their pockets or buy big fat guns