The Asia Tsunami Disaster

I agree Ian. I have just been reading about the devastation, let's hope they get aid to them quickly.

I have had my little dig about Christmas. Yet whilst we are enjoying ourselves please spare a thought for those that are victims of the quake in Asia. I have friends that live there, also friends that have gone there this Christmas for a holiday. Thousands have died. Thousands more injured. Fir this to happen at this particular time of the year is very sad. For this to happen at all shows that nature is the strongest force. It also saddens me that these deaths, Or maybe most of them were preventable. 2 years ago, A T.V documentary warned that this was a possibility, Did any of you watch this? It warned that a warning station was needed for this area. This was talked about but no action taken. Who was to pay the cost of this? I think that we are all paying the cost now. If 2 hours warning had been given, Then people could have been moved from or protected from the dangers. This is another reason why the world should work together. The World is neglected by all of us. Nature will surely punish us for this. Let us hope that in the coming new year. We shall find it in us all to work together as a " Human Race ". To make the world a nicer, Cleaner, place to live. Rid the World of Hunger and the plagues that ravage it.

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men, This is one thing I believe in. This is one thing that Christmas used to stand for.

God Bless you all that are effected by this tragedy

The death toll is roughly 7000, truly horrific. I've been watching the news channels for part of the day and it's a very sobering thought.

My love and thoughts go out to everyone affected.

Another thread about it too...

Makes you think don't it :(

thinking of donating to Oxfam rather than going out tonight.

I would like also, to express my deepest regret and sympathy to all those who have lost their families in this tragedy! and loads of hope to those whose status is unknown

Monies donated via OXFAM will not reach these people. Banks and Mosques are the places to take donations to. Red Cross have also got arrangements, Clothing and other items are badly needed. We should think ourselves so lucky. Maybe this is a lesson to all.

Death toll has reached over 17,000 and rising now in S.E. Asia.. :(

The forum member that wanted to know how to donate / offer assistance. the main number for the red cross in this respect is

There has been a warning, That as usual the scum bags that prey on this type of disaster are already setting up false appeals.

I appeal to forum members to keep an eye open for this and to report anything out of the ordinary. It is sad that even disasters such as this are a target for the criminals

Many Mosques. and local organizations are appealing. But the quickest way to offer help is direct with Red Cross.

As a follow up

There is now a number for the OXFAM org that are dealing with this disaster..

0870 333 2500