Roxy's Niteclub

We had to wear hideous hawaiian shirts yuk! I remember all the staff used to meet for a drink before starting work at ten, one night we decided to go to Cairo's instead of turning up for work. I always used to get confused in there when I was drunk because of the two rooms.

wow what a lot of different opinions I loved it, to be honest I married a bouncer who worked there so it could'nt have been that bad and we are still happily married.

did anyone go when the Drifters was there ?

My mates and I, would visit Roxy's quite regular ...

-Because we were considerably underage and had no problem's getting in!

I remember it well:

-Dancing around Handbags!

-The ‘Extra Late Bus’ home!

It was 'Proper Dive!'

The place was always ‘Packed Out' though.

Always busy with:

The ‘excessively inebriated, Very Young and totally Immobile,'

(i.e. Throwing-up all over themselves)

Or

'The ‘Ageing Married Man' type …

-Who would be hiding under the tables, when lights were turned on at closing time!

Erm …

It was Ok at the time! (Lol)

I prefer a more ... 'Refined,' atmosphere now I’m an older!

Although I do admit;

I dearly miss the, 'Cheeky little Chat Up' lines ...

-Of ‘The Resident Greasy Monkey.’

(Guy with Pony-tail/ Mullet influence -style hair)

Awww! ... Memories' ...

-They Light the corners of my mind.'

Lol

Angel x

deleted because I posted under the wrong subject

As a student I remember queing for hours to get in on a Wednesday night during the early 90's.

I used to go to the student nights every week and being a silly teen me and a mate used to stand on the stairs (near the middle bar) and pull bits of the wallpaper off. The following week when we went back the patch of wallpaper had been replaced! This happened every single week without fail!

Originally posted by Cake

me and a mate used to stand on the stairs (near the middle bar) and pull bits of the wallpaper off. The following week when we went back the patch of wallpaper had been replaced! This happened every single week without fail!

one for the grandkids eh! wild days:|

I used to go to the Roxy teenage Tuesday night in 68/69 - no booze and had to leave at 9pm to be in for 9.30. Worked there (underage) in 1971 as a second job to fund my first holiday to Spain, had to wear a geen velvet miniskirt and waistcoat for my sins! Roxy's used to be used popular with large companies who used to hire the place for Christmas and other functions. Memories of good tips and free meals from those nights!

Originally posted by babyboom

I worked there when hitman and her was on. What a place!There was rock night on the first Monday of the month and then there was gay night. I remember Malcolm the gay DJ he was so cool. Craig was his assistant (he had dark hair with a long pony tail).

I used to go to the gay night at Roxy. They played some good music. Used to dance my socks off.

I first went when it was 'Steelys', then it changed to 'Saturdays' for a short time, and then to 'Barry Nobels Roxys' but it was always the same. I don't care what anybody says, it was THE best night club ever!:thumbsup:

this was a pure piece of history every weekend you would go out vow not to end up there 1.30 in the morning you was there and had been for some time i remember the sunday sport roadshow wet t shirts and foam partys using washing up liquid the highlight was d:ream first time round happy days:hihi:

yes plenty of laughs in roxy!! it was so big you could hide from boring blokes trying to "get off " with ya!! also parytied in cairo jaxs that was excellent at time remeber seein eddie kidd there once.