Roxy's Niteclub

CAN ANYONE REMEMBER GOING HERE IT WAS THE BEST NITECLUB GOING IN MY DAY i LOVED IT

i remember going in but in the 70s it was called steelys, it was about the time saturday night fever came out and was always packed out. xmas and new year were obviously the most hectic and tickets were like gold dust, happy days.

bet all you fellas remember the garb a grannie night at roxys on a thurs!!!ha ha cmon fellas lets be knowing!!!!

Does anyone remember the really sleazy D.J with the pony tail they had in the early 90,s?

Originally posted by Janice

CAN ANYONE REMEMBER GOING HERE IT WAS THE BEST NITECLUB GOING IN MY DAY i LOVED IT

NO NEED TO SHOUT Janice ;) , but yeah i remember going to 'Poxy's'. I would go down every week and can even remember when 'Hit man and Her' was there!!.

I worked there when hitman and her was on. What a place!There was rock night on the first Monday of the month and then there was gay night. I remember Malcolm the gay DJ he was so cool. Craig was his assistant (he had dark hair with a long pony tail).

Wot a dive that place was....feet sticking to the carpets....watered down beer....trouble almost nightly.....dark & dingy corners where fellas were all over the girls.....

Fantastic days!!!!!

god yeah, How can I forget the sticky carpets. They reckon it was haunted by Barry Nobel is that alright for yez!

Yeah Beer 60p Spirits 70p is that all right for yerz

That was the place in which I decided that disco was garbage and there must be a better place to spend a saturday night. Back in those days it was called Steely's and was the club all the novice under age club goers knew they'd get in to. Nick named the cattle market as the guys used to circle the place first downstairs and then up eyeing up all the heifers on the dance floor from the vantage point of the first floor. Watered down over priced drinks, truly horrible food and bouncers who were often to be seen wading through the crowd barging people out of the way in their rush to jump on some-one. A rite of passage for so many teens though that was Steely's/Roxies

Originally posted by babyboom

I worked there when hitman and her was on. What a place!There was rock night on the first Monday of the month and then there was gay night. I remember Malcolm the gay DJ he was so cool. Craig was his assistant (he had dark hair with a long pony tail).

Yes thats him the ponytailed king of ming :hihi:

Originally posted by Janice

Thought you might like this,

Click Here!