Tap Dancing Classes

hello...could anyone help me with finding a good tap dance class...preferably for beginners (in fact definately for beginners who am i kidding!)

all those classic christmas musicals have got me in the mood!!

Try calling Woodhouse Workout on 0114 2889697 they run them. Think they reopen on 4th Jan.

ah thanks, will give them a try, though they might be too far out at Woodhouse, need more city centre/ecclesall.

Hello Ren

So! You want to be a tap dancer, eh? :)

Well, I really should warn you that tap dancing can be dangerous - - - You could fall off and break your ankle when you land in the sink! :hihi:

Seriously though, I think I may be able to help you - - -

You want somewhere near to Ecclesall. Right?

Well, as far as I know, the Constance Grant dance school on the upper part of Psalter Lane have classes in tap dancing:

182 Psalter Lane. Tel: 0114 266 2124

However, I'm sure you would also like to be a Salsa dancer. ;) So come along to The Forum any Tuesday night and join in the fun. We'll show you how to do it, if you can't already. ;)

Lessons 7.30 until 10 PM, but free for everybody after that time.

This is my first 'post' to this message system - - I hope it works!

Well, I hope this will be a help to you.

Regards, and Happy New Year!

Rob

wow thank you thats fantastic...i think i know where you mean.

well you know i love Singin In The Rain and the rest...what a lost art. i'm going to tap some ass!

thanks for the great advice. salsa too eh. are you the patrick swayze of our age??

You seem to love the classic dance movies like Singin' in the Rain and the rest.

They're a world apart from your usual type of dancing. :banana: Right? :bigsmile:

Of course, there's nothing to stop you being versatile! :wink:

I'd almost forgotten about Patrick Swayze. I can't remember much about him, but I'm sure you do! :wink:

My rôle model these days is Chayanne. When I can dance like he does, I'll be doing OK! :bigsmile:

Don't forget to report back to us how you get on with your tap lessons. OK?

Rob x x

Im 20 and looking for somewhere not too far away from the centre of Sheffield that teaches tap dancing lessons for adults. Im not a total beginner as I used to do tap dancing for about 5 years before I moved to Sheffield and have taken a few exams in it aswell. Im really wanting to take it back up and wondered if anybody could help me in finding somewhere. If anybody goes to City Limits in Walkley and could tell me what thats like id be really grateful.

Thankyou.

The only one i know of which is good but not too close to centre is at walkley called city limits my friend goes there, they do everything from ballet, tap, salsa, etc

Well, I've just rung Woodhouse Workout and they only run a children's tap class. Just to save any sheepish adults the embarassment of turning up and trying to join in...

Sorry but at time of posting in 2004 I'd taken a group there who were adults so that must have now changed.

Constance Grant Dance Centre on Psalter Lane in Nether Edge.

Amanda Holland dance school.. at gleadless.. does tap for beginners and more advanced on a tuesday night. am sure she would welcome anyone else who wants to join us.. reali friendly group n relatively smaller class than others..