Best used car dealers in Sheffield - who do you recommend?

I would be careful to deal with Direct Cars.Their prices are not competitive as they portray and would do my homework before you buy from them.

I had bought 2 high end cars of them in the past and recently paid a deposit of £500.00 and within hours found same colour ,same plate car with 10,000 miles lesser and £1200 cheaper.

However they would not refund my deposit and felt taken hostage by them.They just took hard earned £500.00 which is very unfair.

Be very careful when you sign anything and don't trust them

why would they give a deposit back tho? not their fault you changed your mind thats the whole point of taking a deposit to hold the car, they could have sold it three or four times while they held on to it for you

s6 motors at hillsborogh behind stb motors opposite swfc , he can get you anything you want cheaper than main dealer he used to be manager at dixons ask for Duncan

I'll second that about S6 motors :thumbsup:

Dear Andyrad and AJ Sheffield,

I do agree with you but I also want to examine my situation.I paid a deposit to buy the car on the belief that I was sold a car for the right price and is the best(the saleman went on that Direct Car prices are always below £500 than anyone).Within hours I found hundred of cars which are £1200 lesser and done 10,000miles lesser.

I signed the deposit at around 7 PM and rang them next day morning at 9 AM. Direct Cars had one hour of trading and they couldn't have lost anything or done any damage.Instead I am held hostage to buy a product which I know is inferior.If you buy anything in a retail shop, will you not take it back if you don't like or missold ,why should this be any different.

Moreover the deposit is kept to cover the loss,realistically tell me Direct Cars have lost £500 in a hour on an used car in the forecourt because of me.It is daylight robbery and even if they want damages it should be fair,not £500 of hard earned money.Where is a consumer's right.There should be some fairness, that's all I ask.

Direct Cars are very punitive to a customer who have done regular business with them.I will never trust a motor dealer agin.

I would be careful to deal with Direct Cars.Their prices are not competitive as they portray and would do my homework before you buy from them.

I had bought 2 high end cars of them in the past and recently paid a deposit of £500.00 and within hours found same colour ,same plate car with 10,000 miles lesser and £1200 cheaper.

However they would not refund my deposit and felt taken hostage by them.They just took hard earned £500.00 which is very unfair.

Be very careful when you sign anything and don't trust them

What did you expect, there is a lot more to a sale than the price in the window. If the OP as cash I would go to Direct cars or car people, if you have a trade in expect rock bottom price, better selling private.

A couple of weeks ago, we traded our old x reg Picasso in at Indigo motors near Queens Road/St MAry's gate - and bought a Nissan Micra as our eldest is now 17 and learning.

fantastic price on x reg Picasso - £300 to £400 more than I expected. Was able to talk them down on Nissan price, got a free service, 12 months tax and an extended warranty all for under £4000 - and my wofe got a bunch of flowers on collection!!

OK a bit trite, but excelletn customer service and would go back anytime ---- ps I f you do go, mention me and PM me first 'cos I get £100 for a new referral having bought a car from them!!!!

Seriously though, superb service, hassle free and just good all round. Indigo rocks! :cool::D

I just bought a Renault Scenic from Evans Halshaw at Hillsborough, I would recommend them, their prices seem very good, and when I discovered it had a couple of little faults, they fixed them straight away.

But note that:

I suspect they price the cars very well, and then try to sell you extra warranty and Gap insurance etc. We had to sit through the explanation, even though I told him straight away that we wouldn't be taking any of it as we were paying cash and didn't need finance or anything.

And a lot of the cars they had on show, appear to have been smoked in, and they had left the windows ajar, to disguise the smell. Maybe this is whey they are a bit cheaper, it wouldn't bother some people, and a good valet can remove the smell from the interior.

So keep this in mind.

Woodseats Motor Company, Mick Hall is the owner, top man and never, ever sells a lemon!

just got a ford fiesta from the car people it was cheaper than any ford dealer could do the same car for, didnt have any problems no hassle from the sales team, the cars are very keenly priced so even when paying cash i didnt get much off the screen price

Woodseats Motor Company, Mick Hall is the owner, top man and never, ever sells a lemon!

I went car shopping there and the man I met was rude, disinterested and couldn't be arsed to answer my questions or help me out. didn't buy from them. I've heard good things about them, but the customer service was far from enticing.

I went car shopping there and the man I met was rude, disinterested and couldn't be arsed to answer my questions or help me out. didn't buy from them. I've heard good things about them, but the customer service was far from enticing.

He must have been having a bad day! :rant: He is not usually like that, I have bought a few cars from him, as has my Dad and they were all spot on. :thumbsup:

Does go to show though that however good your cars are if the CS skills aren't up to scratch all the time you won't shift any goods! :mad:

Dear Andyrad and AJ Sheffield,

I do agree with you but I also want to examine my situation.I paid a deposit to buy the car on the belief that I was sold a car for the right price and is the best(the saleman went on that Direct Car prices are always below £500 than anyone).Within hours I found hundred of cars which are £1200 lesser and done 10,000miles lesser.

I signed the deposit at around 7 PM and rang them next day morning at 9 AM. Direct Cars had one hour of trading and they couldn't have lost anything or done any damage.Instead I am held hostage to buy a product which I know is inferior.If you buy anything in a retail shop, will you not take it back if you don't like or missold ,why should this be any different.

Moreover the deposit is kept to cover the loss,realistically tell me Direct Cars have lost £500 in a hour on an used car in the forecourt because of me.It is daylight robbery and even if they want damages it should be fair,not £500 of hard earned money.Where is a consumer's right.There should be some fairness, that's all I ask.

Direct Cars are very punitive to a customer who have done regular business with them.I will never trust a motor dealer agin.

Well surely thats your fault for not doing your homework and looking around first!