Post Christmas Photography Stroll - Sat 5th Jan 11am

Hi G86, :)

Wojtekk - It'd be great if you could come & joined us - see you there?

Yes, if I can only find my way ;)

W

Batteries charged, memory cards found...let's just hope weather holds off for us.

Was a bit misty on the motorway tonight - that could work nicely in the graveyard....though I really don't want to be lugging my tripod about with me - could be essential in those conditions :(

Is there any parking nearby? If so I could bring it but put back in car as we stroll off elsewhere.

EDIT:

PArking info here...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=292294

Hi Dafoot - you could always go to the entrance on Cemetery road - parking a bit easier round there - & walk down through the cemetery to meet us - weather permitting.

I will be there tommorrow, whatever the weather so anyone who wants to come or is undecided if its raining, they won't be alone!

Look forward to seeing you all tommorrow!

Updated: 0549 on Sat 5 Jan 2008

Weather for Sheffield Sat: 5 Jan:

Temp, Wind Dir, Speed, Gust, Visibility

900am .. broken cloud 4°C WSW 15 mph 31 mph Very Good

1200hrs .. sunny 5°C WSW 15 mph 31 mph Very Good

1500hrs .. broken cloud 5°C WSW 14 mph 30 mph Very Good

I wont be lugging my tripod, but I'm having problems getting my collapsible pick and shovel in my bag .. :evil:

........:D

Got up a bit late today so unfortunately won't be able to make it. Hope you all have a fab time and get some great shots :)

Good to meet those of you who I did.... good to put names to faces.

Agreed!

I enjoyed today, what a friendly bunch, hope I can make the next one.

No time to go through my pics tonight so I'll do it tomorrow

Dave..

Glad to hear that you had a good day.

I would have made the effort to get across the Sheffield had I known the weather was going to be decent, maybe next time.

Look forward to seeing some of your images.

My bed proved much more inviting this morning, but I was gutted when I got up because it was such a nice day! Looking forward to looking at all your pictures though :)

Hi everyone & thanks to all those who were able to fight off those brutal duvets that pin us to our beds!

What a great bunch of people! - gemma86 - I can guarantee not one of them was an axe murderer & we all survived to see another day!

The brave ones amongst us that came along were:-

dafoot

hockeybear

hemlock

mr hemlock

imp in a box

mrs imp in a box

wojtekk

pippo & me

We strolled round the cemetery for an hour or so & then went to Starbucks for a drink. Once we'd warmed up we then strolled along to the Botanical Gardens.

The weather, apart from a little chilly was brilliant - no rain!

It was great talking 'shop' with everyone & getting loads of tips & help trying to shoot things I usually shy away from. Anyway, here is a link to my photos, although I feel a little intimidated by all the professionals amongst you! I think I was the only one (apart from Pippo & me) with a megre point & shoot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/paulinezel/PhotographyStroll5108

Dafoot - I even managed to get photos of rabbits, birds, squirrels ... hope you like them :hihi:

The orchid picture is all thanks to Dafoot - wouldn't have managed it without his advice. Also, he inspired me to take the photos of the red planty things that I may not have taken otherwise - a change from my usual walls etc!!

So, everyone, it was well worth the effort to come along.

Imp in a box - I can't wait to see the group 'hug' in the bear pit!

mrs imp in a box - Really interested to see how your fountain photos come out (haven't posted mine as I may be embarassed when i see yours!)

Pippo & Me - don't you dare post that photo of me through the window!!

Wojtekk - hope you feel better soon

Hockeybear - glad you managed to find us after being at work since 6:30 - what commitment to photography! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Me and pippo enjoyed the photography walkabout, and it was pleasure to meet all who participated,

and many thanks to Hemlock for organizing the walk.

Not sure what Hemlock's on about .. but It's something to do with taking photos through windows I think .. ?

I was surprised to see the large display of plants growing in the glass houses at the Botanical Gardens.

Especially the Conium maculatum and is that a pedi-sdauno sprouting near by? :hihi:

m&p :)