53 - Ecclesfield - Low Edges/Bradway

What i hate about the 53s is, where i catch the bus... chaucer school wordsworth ave... sometimes or should i say 3-4 times a week... you see 3-4-5, 53s go down to Ecclesfield.... but after about 30-40 mins.... your still stood there waiting... then 3 come at once.... this offten happens in the evening around 6pm ish... but the weekend b4 last i wast stood there for 55mins... on a saturday morning... 4 went down to Ecclesfield.... where do the rest go??:rant:

Yes Madowl [uP THE BLADES!] I sometimes wait approximately three quarters of an hour for a 53 bus here. You see a lot going towards Ecclesfield and then after about three quarters of an hour three at once come back down towards town!!! How does First explain this?

The sooner the Council carry out their threat to deprive them of the licence on certain routes the better!

Not for the people who don't like it because it's late. Stagecoach can't magic away traffic, you know.
I'm not suggesting they can. But the competition should improve things and increase choice which can only be a good thing

I'm not suggesting they can. But the competition should improve things and increase choice which can only be a good thing

But people will still complain - just because it's Stagecoach it doesn't mean the buses will turn up on time. I don't know why people think Stagecoach are heavenly because they're just as bad as First.

But people will still complain - just because it's Stagecoach it doesn't mean the buses will turn up on time. I don't know why people think Stagecoach are heavenly because they're just as bad as First.
I'm not saying Stagecoach are the second coming. i'm saying that if you have more buses on the same route there is a better chance you'll be able to get one. Is that not obvious?

I'm not saying Stagecoach are the second coming. i'm saying that if you have more buses on the same route there is a better chance you'll be able to get one. Is that not obvious?

But if they're all held up in traffic...

But if they're all held up in traffic...
Are you deliberately being obtuse?

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

No - shall we continue this by pm so as not to let the thread digress?

No. Its not worth it. Clearly we're not going to agree

No. Its not worth it. Clearly we're not going to agree

OK then - all I was saying is that even if Stagecoach operate the 53, it'll still get held up in traffic. It may be cheaper etc etc, but it won't change the service's unreliability.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the effect of Hillsborough College on this bus route.

In the morning - anytime between 8.00am and 9.00am you are very lucky to get a seat, or even unlucky enough for the bus to go straight passsed you as it is already full.

Have First not cottened to the fact that more people are now using this SINGLE DECKER bus at that time in the morning?

No buses can be as bad as the 94 to birley, they are ridiculous. Ment to be every 20 mins, yea right!

I know you have several threads on the state of local bus services but I believe this particular Sheffield bus route operated by First deserves a thread all of its own.

It is appalling.

Several times over the past 2 weeks I have been left shivering in the freezing cold at the Markets for over 30 minutes at about 1830 after a long day at work. All I want to do is get home and get warm!

Its even worse in that area. Some people dont know the meaning of the word queue and just stand on the pavement at random places completely blocking the way for other pedestrians including those with prams.

Some of these people have a total disregard for others and just charge onto the bus when it turns up despite others been stood in the freezin cold for what seems like an eternity.

Some scrubbers still insist on smoking in the bus shelter despite clear signs now stating that smoking in bus shelters is illegal.

When I challenge people for polluting the air further with their poison I just get abuse and 'I couldn't give a ****!' attitudes.

When buses turn up. Nowadays they are small single deckers. Bring back the good old days of Dominator double deckers!

The buses are so small they fill up quickly.

There seems to be an explosion in single mothers with buggies the size of Hummer's on the bus now.

When there are no seats left some patrons insist in standing towards the front of the vehicle. Completely blocking the exit and making it like an assault course just to get off the bus. Especially if you have several bags of shopping.

A service I know very well :D,

As many posts have said Woodseats is the main key to the lateness of the Route 53 , The new Hillsborough Tram/Bus Gate with its silly times are also causing the Route to experance delays on Penistone Road that it didnt used to have, as for the prams I am afride that Wordsworth Avenue seems to be the new teen baby boom area, when i was young my mum would have the pram folded up reday to get on but not now days :rant:, and as for your question about putting double deckers on again, in 2003 the Route 53 had 3 new deckers allocated to that route, however due to daily damage to the upper saloon buy the Chaves they were moved onto route 60 to prevent them been damaged anymore:roll: