March 9th octagon kickboxing show

Looking forward to march 9 top fight card.

have u been to both previuos shows then

have u been to both previuos shows then

Yes, thought they were fantastic, best venue by far, atmosphere always electric, showdown events in my opinion are set to get better and better.

Come on lets get behind James Wilson! He's reppin Sheffield!

Come on lets get behind James Wilson! He's reppin Sheffield!

BOO No way! Daniel Khan all the way!!!

surely hes not that bad if hes been selected to represent hallam uni...i was told that a lot of people applied but James Wilson was selected so surely he musnt be that bad?

surely hes not that bad if hes been selected to represent hallam uni...i was told that a lot of people applied but James Wilson was selected so surely he musnt be that bad?

Are you serious :confused:

Or is this a wind up?

The sheffield Hallam University club has produced literally loads of decent fighters , even university CHAMPIONS.

Examples :

Sunny the Snake Singh who never lost a fight , even gave weight away to a thaiboxer and still won even though he took the bout on short notice.

Mike Neal = thai boxing record of 3 wins and a draw and also won the university championships in the -84kg division. , Greg Cain former heavyweight champion , Holly Mason 2 times british university champion (also represented Great Britain in france) , Neil Topping (drew with MMA legend Mark Spencer , beat Dion Oakes, both under K-1 Rules) also competed in San-Da in China.

James Wilson is nowhere near the calibre of even the NOVICE fighters at the club. The question is WHO selected him to represent Hallam uni, the only reason i can think of is that he is a complete novice (just like Daniel Khan) and the same weight.

Have you trained with James? If you know anything about kickboxing you will see what i mean. James in my opinion , no disrespect intended but he is probably just about ready for his first grading i.e. his WHITE belt . That's all. I dont doubt his courage for stepping into the ring to get a kicking from Dan (which is what i think will happen) but there is NO WAY his standard should be taken to represent that of Sheffield Hallam university kickboxing !!!

The matchmaking for the student showdown leaves much to be desired. I understand James Wilson has less experience than this Khan fella. Would somebody like to explain the records for both fighters? Also which federation is the main event world title fight for?

The matchmaking for the student showdown leaves much to be desired. I understand James Wilson has less experience than this Khan fella. Would somebody like to explain the records for both fighters? Also which federation is the main event world title fight for?

James Wilson and Daniel Khan are both novices. However, James Wilson's standard should not be used to represent either :

1. that of sheffield hallam university kickboxers. He is nowhere NEAR comparable to even the worst of university level fighters from Sheffield Hallam.

We have high standards im afraid ;)

2.Claude Evans from Black DRagons does not want anything to do with this match up as he himself stated that James was not even regular at his club (training only twice in a month???) and always had an excuse to not be at training.

James is fighting independently so he represents himself!

Anyway, i say best of luck to Daniel Khan , I hope Daniel wins this and im sure that most of the crowd will be cheering for him.

Daniel may be from leeds university BUT he is a sheffield lad born and bred.

I have met Dan twice and he seems like an interesting character with a bizarre sense of humour.

So go on Daniel, go kick ass and win!!!

:thumbsup:

Dan and james are both novices both had only 6 months training it takes alot of courage to step into the ring so we should support both of these fighters

Couldn't agree more Shafique. I have the upmost respect for anyone who has the testicular fortitude to do it I could never do it. When that fight or flight moment occured I would most definately fly

Dan and james are both novices both had only 6 months training it takes alot of courage to step into the ring so we should support both of these fighters

Yes you are right, sometimes people who have stepped into the ring or onto the mat a multitude of times forget how much it takes to step up and fight.

However RE: Giving both fighters the same amount of support i disagree.

Daniel is the local fighter in reality, James is the "out of town student" so what the hell , lets support Dan!!!