March 9th octagon kickboxing show

best show around other sheffield promoters should take a leaf out of this book

oh and whys that? whats so good about it that our shows dont have?

oh and whys that? whats so good about it that our shows dont have?

good location, good fights and well organised unlike some shows that i've been too

The photos from the night are really good, some great shots :D

good location, good fights and well organised unlike some shows that i've been too

I will adress your points one by one :

1. Good location/Venue

YES the venue is excellent.

2. Good Fights

There were a 3 Good fights that i actually did find exciting.:

Examples:

Simon Marsden Vs Adam Lawrence

Scot Sykes Vs Alix James

The first fight was good too.

Actually that world title was not bad either, sadly it was wasted on much of the sheffield crowd with many of them walking out after only seeing a few rounds (which i felt was not fair on the athletes to be honest)

3.Well organised, Organisation was not bad either although there were massive waits in between bouts.

Also the controversy in the Scot Sykes fight left a BIG gap while waiting for the decision.

When you say "unlike some other shows you have been to"

Can you please give examples regarding the fights or the organisation?

Thats your opinion which even if it were unbiased doesn't really count for much as far as I'm concerned, mortal. There were only a couple of good fights and far too many demo's.

Scotts fight was good although the decision not to make it a draw was spurious. How the hell can you call a fight a draw and then award the fight to somebody? It would have made a lot more sense to award it a draw and then have them rematch, don't you think? Lets raise a glass to the WACKO judges, they really did well with that one. The only other "good" fight was Reaper vs Marsden.

The last fight did not bring the house down and was somewhat of an anticlimax (No disrepect to either Homeboy or The Game). I considered leaving on many occcasions as did the people on my table. In comparison the last fight on Ali's last show was mental. Going into the last round the only way Scott was going to win was to stop the other guy and thats exactly what he did. You could just feel the electricity in the building.

Well organised? For the main part, yes. Good location? Yes. Good fights? Not enough, nowhere near enough. 2 out of 3 ain't bad but consistently good fights MAKE a show regardless of the other variables. When you apply this simple rule then you can gloat as much as you want.

Immortal,

In Scotts fight the correct procedures within the WAKO rules were followed to a tee.

If you are unsure of the WAKO rules in this situation if you call me personally I will take you through them.

When fighters agree the fights in pre fight meetings, both they and their coaches are reminded of the rules and they are in print at the signing in table.

Therefore in taking the fight they agree to abide by the rules and the judges decision and thats final.

If I take my fighters to someone elses show and the rules are different we read them 1 week before to confirm and finalise, then there are no discrepancies later.

Conclusion: Totaly correct decision by the judges, so yes you were totally correct lets raise our glasse to them!

Thats your opinion which even if it were unbiased doesn't really count for much as far as I'm concerned, mortal. There were only a couple of good fights and far too many demo's.

Scotts fight was good although the decision not to make it a draw was spurious. How the hell can you call a fight a draw and then award the fight to somebody? It would have made a lot more sense to award it a draw and then have them rematch, don't you think? Lets raise a glass to the WACKO judges, they really did well with that one. The only other "good" fight was Reaper vs Marsden.

The last fight did not bring the house down and was somewhat of an anticlimax (No disrepect to either Homeboy or The Game). I considered leaving on many occcasions as did the people on my table. In comparison the last fight on Ali's last show was mental. Going into the last round the only way Scott was going to win was to stop the other guy and thats exactly what he did. You could just feel the electricity in the building.

Well organised? For the main part, yes. Good location? Yes. Good fights? Not enough, nowhere near enough. 2 out of 3 ain't bad but consistently good fights MAKE a show regardless of the other variables. When you apply this simple rule then you can gloat as much as you want.

Well everyone has there opinion your welcome to yours just means you wont be coming to the next show ye??

I will adress your points one by one :

1. Good location/Venue

YES the venue is excellent.

2. Good Fights

There were a 3 Good fights that i actually did find exciting.:

Examples:

Simon Marsden Vs Adam Lawrence

Scot Sykes Vs Alix James

The first fight was good too.

Actually that world title was not bad either, sadly it was wasted on much of the sheffield crowd with many of them walking out after only seeing a few rounds (which i felt was not fair on the athletes to be honest)

3.Well organised, Organisation was not bad either although there were massive waits in between bouts.

Also the controversy in the Scot Sykes fight left a BIG gap while waiting for the decision.

When you say "unlike some other shows you have been to"

Can you please give examples regarding the fights or the organisation?

Massive waits in bouts?? you must of been day dreaming or something??

Chefkicker,

Your shows are held in a WMC that isn't designed for a large crowd so you may have an easier time organising it.

I don't think you are in a position to comment on organisation.

The Octagon is a £17 - £20 ticket venue. Your venue is not.

Fighters get changed behind the bar? Oh dear you obviously are not a fighter then :P

The fighters have separate dressing rooms for red and blue corners.

Also the standard of actual fighting (which is what people pay to see) is worth every penny as i often have more people wanting to see the show than i can actually house. Also the fighters who fight on our shows fight their hearts out!

It greatly amuses me that you cannot find anything to criticise other than the venue. If you dont like the shows no one is forcing you to watch them at gunpoint :hihi:

People obviously think that my shows are worth the price of a ticket which is why they keep returning. Next time try and find something to talk about which you are actually qualified to make a statement about. :D

Fighters get changed behind the bar? Oh dear you obviously are not a fighter then :P

The fighters have separate dressing rooms for red and blue corners.

Also the standard of actual fighting (which is what people pay to see) is worth every penny as i often have more people wanting to see the show than i can actually house. Also the fighters who fight on our shows fight their hearts out!

It greatly amuses me that you cannot find anything to criticise other than the venue. If you dont like the shows no one is forcing you to watch them at gunpoint :hihi:

People obviously think that my shows are worth the price of a ticket which is why they keep returning. Next time try and find something to talk about which you are actually qualified to make a statement about. :D

Dear Mr.Libellous,

I believe the reason that people keep seeing your shows boils down to the fact that they haven't experienced any of a higher standard, so typically don't know any better.

I feel sorry for your fighters. They endure hard training and preparation only for their glory to be cut short when made to fight in something that doesn't even qualify as a bingo hall.

Regards.

It greatly amuses me that you cannot find anything to criticise other than the venue.

I didn't want to get too personal. My criticism would not be aimed at your fighters but at your narcissistic libellous posts on this forum.

Regards.