Searching for Bullivant info in Attercliffe

Hello,

First time user here.

I'm trying to establish some links in my ancestral research.

Specifically the Bullivant family.

I know there were a lot of Bullivants in Attercliffe, however I'm trying to confirm whom the parents were of Henry, May, Ivy, Ada, Amy, and Maurice Bullivant around 1897-1910. Henry is my grandfather.

I strongly suspect the parents were Richard and Eliz. Bullivant but without access to the 1911 census I cannot confirm. If I can establish the link, then I've traced the family tree back to 1680!

I was born and raised in Bradford, but have lived in U.S. since 16 yrs of age.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

David Bullivant

Los Angeles

I just had to reply to this one. There was a family Bullivant lived on Hayward Road, Pitsmoor. The youngest son was called Denis, he was a pal of mine at school. He had an older brother called Roy who participated in the Normandy landings in WW2,and two younger sisters, Ena and Edna. I'm not sure but he could've had an older sister also.

I thought I'd mention the family because, although Bullivant isn't an unusual name, I thought it might be of interest. Happy Christmas.

Hi,

There is a May Bullivant age 4 on the 1901 census. If Henry was born in 1905 have you thought of sending for a copy birth certificate? A copy of his marriage certificate should also give his father's details.

Regards,

Doreen

Hello,

First time user here.

I'm trying to establish some links in my ancestral research.

Specifically the Bullivant family.

I know there were a lot of Bullivants in Attercliffe, however I'm trying to confirm whom the parents were of Henry, May, Ivy, Ada, Amy, and Maurice Bullivant around 1897-1910. Henry is my grandfather.

I strongly suspect the parents were Richard and Eliz. Bullivant but without access to the 1911 census I cannot confirm. If I can establish the link, then I've traced the family tree back to 1680!

I was born and raised in Bradford, but have lived in U.S. since 16 yrs of age.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

David Bullivant

Los Angeles

I am sure this will help you but I remember a Bullivant,but only because he sold fruit and veg from a cart at the bottom of a street between the Horse and Jockey Pub and Banners Attercliffe Road,the name was painted on the cart,I am not sure about this I think he took it over from his father

I know this is an ancient thread, but there was a chap in the 70's called Jack Bullivant, who was the secretary of Attercliffe Non-Pots WMC.

My dad was very good mates with Jack and served on the committee for many years with - he and his wife were very nice sincere people

Keanaz

My dad was very good mates with Jack and served on the committee for many years with - he and his wife were very nice sincere people

Keanaz

You jogged my memory when you mention Attercliffe non pots,my father in law who lived on Liverpool St was a member there for a lot of years I visited the place myself on occations,I believe you could take the kids in,is the club still there,I know the building is still there went passed a few weeks ago