To the girl who punched me in the face last night!

i have seen sililar incidents in town. not very pleasant to be fair. one occasion though i was outside the tesco on west street and a lad with two mates just started on this guy stood near the phonebox wating for his mate to finish a call. they slapped him 'as a joke', but this chap punched the attacker clean in the face and layed him flat on the path. If I were a boxing promotor I would have taken him on.

Just what I love to hear - a thug getting a taste of some of his own medicine. :thumbsup: I'll bet he's more careful with his choice of victim in the future.

Hmm. I wonder what happened to the idea of Sheffield being the safest city in the country. At night, it seems to be overrun by all manner of dysfunctional booze-filled thugs with slug-like I.Q's.

Let me guess, Zimily, you weren't dressed like the standard herds of young heifers around town? You were better looking? You had the nerve to catch her in the eye? These psychobitches react over the weirdest things - they exist on a mental hair-trigger and will thump anyone for the weirdest thing. They want locking up.

Of course you should report it. Do it tonight. If there wasn't CCTV on that street that caught it, they will have entered one of the bars nearby pretty soon afterwards and they will certainly have CCTV.

Heifers is the operative word for it. And lets face it, Sheffield is hardly renowned for the quality of its fillies (and that doesn't mean every Sheffield girl is ugly - either in appearance, manner - or both).

I was in town last night also- my first night out downtown in about 2 years and the place felt like some sort of war zone, i was sober as i was driving and although i expected to see drunks and the odd scuffle nothing could have prepared me for what i saw. 820pm and people were already so legless they could not see and walk at the same time, people being arrested and group punch ups...police everywhere and outnumbered.

I left town at 11pm and not a moment too soon, its a shame! sheffield used to be such a good night out until only a few years ago.

Try not to let this ruin your xmas Zimily, better luck next time:)

Let me guess, Zimily, you weren't dressed like the standard herds of young heifers around town? You were better looking? You had the nerve to catch her in the eye? These psychobitches react over the weirdest things - they exist on a mental hair-trigger and will thump anyone for the weirdest thing. They want locking up.

Of course you should report it. Do it tonight. If there wasn't CCTV on that street that caught it, they will have entered one of the bars nearby pretty soon afterwards and they will certainly have CCTV.

I would echo Mathom above, and suggest that she hit you because she was jealous of you in some way. I don't know - maybe you're a lot better looking than her, maybe you looked really happy, maybe she fancied your mate herself and thought you were a couple... who knows how these people think.

I hope you're able to rise above it and enjoy a very happy Christmas.

Best wishes,

StarSparkle

Id report it Zimily.

I hope you get well soon and have a good Christmas. :)

I was in town last night also- my first night out downtown in about 2 years and the place felt like some sort of war zone, i was sober as i was driving and although i expected to see drunks and the odd scuffle nothing could have prepared me for what i saw. 820pm and people were already so legless they could not see and walk at the same time, people being arrested and group punch ups...police everywhere and outnumbered.

I left town at 11pm and not a moment too soon, its a shame! sheffield used to be such a good night out until only a few years ago.)

Friday night was worse than normal as lots of people were on after work xmas drinking sessions. Many had prob been drinking since mid-afternoon and then there would have been those that rarely go out drinking and got carried away with the novelty.

Friday night was worse than normal as lots of people were on after work xmas drinking sessions. Many had prob been drinking since mid-afternoon and then there would have been those that rarely go out drinking and got carried away with the novelty.

And now you know why the friday before xmas is called "mad friday"

I was down town on Friday, gotta say I didn't get the "bad vibe" anywhere.

I thought everywhere I went just had a good party atmosphere (and I love a party with a happy atmosphere). Might just be certain pubs? I've been going downtown on the last friday before Christmas for the last ten years, it doesn't seem to have become more violent to me.

Sorry to hear of you getting punched tho, and to re-iterate other posters, report it. She may have done the same thing to a number of other people and could possibly already been arrested, so another victim could do any further proceedings no harm at all.

I was down town on Friday, gotta say I didn't get the "bad vibe" anywhere.

I thought everywhere I went just had a good party atmosphere (and I love a party with a happy atmosphere). .

Are you Russ Abbott in disguise?:suspect:

Jim

Are you Russ Abbott in disguise?:suspect:

Jim

Bet you sang it tho mate (at least in your head):hihi:

Bet you sang it tho mate (at least in your head):hihi:

Oh yes!:hihi:

Jim