Should London Road Become Sheffields China Town.

I think a "China Town" would be a bad idea. It sets a worrying precedent. Imagine an 'Iran Town" or a "Saudi Town" in Sheffield, authentic in every detail. Not so very appealing now, hey. That's what would follow.

---------- Post added 23-01-2015 at 17:00 ----------

At least the Chinese will look after the area , unlike SCC looking after Sheffield as a whole .
Not fair - central government has crippled local councils.

Not fair - central government has crippled local councils.

Our council have been crippled long before any influence from central government had effect :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I think a "China Town" would be a bad idea. It sets a worrying precedent. Imagine an 'Iran Town" or a "Saudi Town" in Sheffield, authentic in every detail. Not so very appealing now, hey. That's what would follow.

Are you envisaging a Chinatown invading and oppressing it's neighbours, driving tanks about St Mary's gate, developing nuclear weapons and wiping out as much wildlife as possible in the name of traditional medicine?

you can be sure a "chinatown" will be much better than the mess of cheap kebab takeaways at the bottom of London road. good luck Jerry cheung.

you can be sure a "chinatown" will be much better than the mess of cheap kebab takeaways at the bottom of London road. good luck Jerry cheung.

If you don't want to go to cheap kebab takeaways at the bottom of London Road then don't. There are plenty of other options. Personally I've never frequented the cheap kebab places but I've no problem if others do.

Are you envisaging a Chinatown invading and oppressing it's neighbours, driving tanks about St Mary's gate, developing nuclear weapons and wiping out as much wildlife as possible in the name of traditional medicine?
Nope. It was the Iran Town and Saudi Town that would come afterwards that would do all of that! :hihi:

I worked across the road and went through there twice a day for a year. Strangely I was never mugged, nor was anyone else I knew in the office...

It's right next to the Hallam uni accommodation. Not that this proposal is for residences...

Someone attempted to mug me around there a few years ago.

If they'd tried when I was sober, they probably would have managed it.