First midwife appointment

Hey all

My wife has her first midwife appointment next week and we're not sure if I'm supposed to attend or not. Does it matter? Have any other husbands/partners attended their other half's appointments?

Cheers :thumbsup:

First appoointments can be attended by husbands. Mine didn't come to mine because it is quiet dull. All you do is fill in forms and go through family history take blood pressure usual stuff. They dont moniter baby heart beat at first apointment. So it is really up to you. My husband attended with our first child. good luck charlie x

My Other half came with me. But that was only because he happend to already have the day off so he came with me. To be honest, I wouldn't have liked to go on my own as its my first baby. :)

If you mean the very first time your wife sees the midwife then I would just make sure that she knows anything medical that might be necessary from your side.

Other than that I would not say it's that necessary as all she does is talk about healthy diet, the tests etc.

However, if you are talking about the first scan then I would say go as that is quite magical.

Cool, have already had an 8 week scan and seen the heartbeat so this is just the 1st midwife appointment. Have already got the time booked off work so think I'll go along anyway!

Thanks for the replies! :thumbsup:

My other half has been to every appointment with me, he tends to remember things I've forgotten :blush: so always useful :)

He loves hearing the heartbeat every time too :)