Working men's clubs

I'm pretty sure he'd be kicked out for playing WITH his organ though..... :hihi:

Not sure re the contract, but I think it's about time they paid for a better PA system or something and just piped some music through.

either that or put a solo singer on to do another spot. You could have a singer on between 8:00 and 8:30 then the main group and when the bingo has finished put the singer on for a second spot before the group. A soloist singer does not cost much. May even get a few more people in

Is the organist still John.....bless him.

He should care what folk thinks he always got paid a lot more than the staff who did the work.

Is the organist still John.....bless him.

He should care what folk thinks he always got paid a lot more than the staff who did the work.

yes it is John (mr personality) the organist still. he is a right miserable sod, never smiles, he should get a job working as a funeral attendant that would be more suitable profession

every club has committee men usually on the doors checking peoples books granted, but these at the lane top are proper bouncers, how many other clubs in sheffield have that

hey up daftlad, i believe the first working persons club to have bouncers was the southey club opposite the old magnet.I,m informed that it's the same crowd that is causing all the mayhem that used to frequent the southey.

hey up daftlad, i believe the first working persons club to have bouncers was the southey club opposite the old magnet.I,m informed that it's the same crowd that is causing all the mayhem that used to frequent the southey.

not been up southey for a bit, is that club still open. I have only been in that club a couple of times

not been up southey for a bit, is that club still open. I have only been in that club a couple of times

aye, it is that, they are really trying hard as well, catering for the smokers with a nice shelter, we've nicknamed it the ranch, mind you some silly bugger painted the woodwork with water based paint, yep you guessed it, stripes across me ares, they did pay for the cleaning bill though, like most places they have good and bad who frequent the place, the place is heaving at the weekend dinner stints bit quiet at night.

aye, it is that, they are really trying hard as well, catering for the smokers with a nice shelter, we've nicknamed it the ranch, mind you some silly bugger painted the woodwork with water based paint, yep you guessed it, stripes across me ares, they did pay for the cleaning bill though, like most places they have good and bad who frequent the place, the place is heaving at the weekend dinner stints bit quiet at night.

as you may have read on my previous posts, i used to use lane top but not any more. will stay a bit more local and spend less money. there is not many clubs for that sort of area though eh. I couldn't believe it when wadsley bridge closed it used to be well busy and they always took loads of people on the club trips when they were run to the coast years ago

as you may have read on my previous posts, i used to use lane top but not any more. will stay a bit more local and spend less money. there is not many clubs for that sort of area though eh. I couldn't believe it when wadsley bridge closed it used to be well busy and they always took loads of people on the club trips when they were run to the coast years ago

bloody hell daftlad, tha dunt geraht much dus tha!!when did the wadsley close, i were only in there last week.

not much left round your end is there? same as ours 40 foot gone (well almost) and 5 archers gone(again almost) timbertop (on it's way out) all up for sale but who's going to buy them, no one only a property developer and build stupidly priced apartments, say goodbye to your local pub, the estate pub is doomed.

bloody hell daftlad, tha dunt geraht much dus tha!!when did the wadsley close, i were only in there last week.

not much left round your end is there? same as ours 40 foot gone (well almost) and 5 archers gone(again almost) timbertop (on it's way out) all up for sale but who's going to buy them, no one only a property developer and build stupidly priced apartments, say goodbye to your local pub, the estate pub is doomed.

i dont live around the area of lane top i live at the other end of town so my nearest clubs are on city road about mile and half away. but there has been a few pubs gone. its all thanks to thatcher really when she decided the big breweries had too many pubs and had to sell off some. So the breweries sold off those not making money, that were kept going by the ones doing better. Obviously the smaller concerns could not afford it and thats why a lot of locals have disappeared. Didn't take any body with much brains to realise that would happen and thats why i got out of the pub trade

i dont live around the area of lane top i live at the other end of town so my nearest clubs are on city road about mile and half away. but there has been a few pubs gone. its all thanks to thatcher really when she decided the big breweries had too many pubs and had to sell off some. So the breweries sold off those not making money, that were kept going by the ones doing better. Obviously the smaller concerns could not afford it and thats why a lot of locals have disappeared. Didn't take any body with much brains to realise that would happen and thats why i got out of the pub trade

Do you not like The Arundel up there? I used to work there when I lived over that side of town - it wasn't bad

Do you not like The Arundel up there? I used to work there when I lived over that side of town - it wasn't bad

not been in there for a while, i prefer to go to the sheaf view pub which is a real ale pub and has a great atmosphere. did you know park and arbourthorne is closing

not been in there for a while, i prefer to go to the sheaf view pub which is a real ale pub and has a great atmosphere. did you know park and arbourthorne is closing

I didn't know that - where will people go for their bingo inbetween the 2 games at Arundel!!!!!! :(