Idiotic parking on Abbeydale Road

IMO Abbeydale Rd to the London Rd area has been a problem for years, every time i drive from Carter Knowle Rd to Sharrow Lane, I brace myself & think, here we go again.

One of the worse things for me is how some cars will just pull out in front of you, usually with no indication & sometimes the occupants look at you as if to say "what the hell are you going to do about it" & then they'll slow down in front of you, going at a snails pace & then turn off without any indication, it's happened to me so many times, I now try to avoid that area, especially near the Broadfield pub.

From my experience, this is without doubt the worst spot in Sheffield for people ignoring the bus lanes whilst in operation.

Having said that, it can only be due to a small number of repeat offenders, and I have noticed a distinct improvement in the last few weeks, so I guess somebody has had a go at them.

I used to ride my bike home from work along Abbeydale Road and this was one of my biggest gripes. It's an ongoing problem and has been that way for the couple of years I used it.

It's worse in certain spots (e.g. across the road from the Broadfield) than in other spots however I couldn't possibly provide any further comments regarding the main offenders of such.

Yeah I ride my motorbike home this way and this is one of my biggest gripes (apart from maybe cyclists dawdling around getting in the way unaware of the world around them:P) and people not checking their mirrors and jumping out into the buslane to avoid waiting behind people turning right at the bottom of cartenknowle road (and not checking mirrors in general really) - almost been squished a few times:(.

It can be pretty bad at night - cars double parked where they shouldn't be and little idiots with their big exhausts screaming up and down the road. It really does make them look big and clever, and ever so tough... Ban the lot of them.

Some muppet came down my road the other day (it has speed bumps) at 40-50mph. I about fell over laughing when his front skirt caught the bump and it came off. Prat.

That sounds like one of the idiots that badly damaged my mates new car near the Pizza Hut & sped off never to be seen again.

The offending car was regularly seen bombing around in that area, with it's extensive variety of Halfords add-ons & after it hit my mates car, which was parked up, it vanished.

It's not just the prats in the "pimped out rides" (pfft) I had a rant at someone I know the other day who drives a completely standard recent car that opened his door on another car and drove off!:rant: It's not just the idiotic prats its the skint students too! Just wanted to point out too that there are some considerate drivers with half a brain that do appreciate a throaty exhaust too, I'm building myself a classic mini that'll hopefully sound quite grunty. Although got to say the majority are brainless chavs lol

This is beyond a joke. People parking on double yellow lines, bus lanes whilst in operation, three cars parked in a single bus STOP during bus lane operation this evening, cars parked across junctions, blocking road exits, trucks parked not just on but across the full width of pavements...

a) If parking attendants are going to tackle anything it ought to be this sort of thing. About once every three months or so you see them giving out tickets and then it clears up for a week or so. But then again, what with it being a council issue and not being anywhere near Fargate or the Peace/Winter Gardens it probably isn't too high up anyone's agenda.

b) It's just the attitude of "well the rules don't apply for me". Actually they do and believe it or not - this is going to be big news for some people - leaving your lights on or putting your hazards on doesn't make illegal, inconsiderate or dangerous behaviour suddenly legal, considerate or safe.

You have no chance they are too busy waiting for 4.30 to come round so they can stick tickets on cars parked nr the Childrens Hospital. The times I have seen them there at 4.31 .

You have no chance they are too busy waiting for 4.30 to come round so they can stick tickets on cars parked nr the Childrens Hospital. The times I have seen them there at 4.31 .

And I was just about to start a rant thread about people parking illegally outside the Children's Hospital!

:)

i've been almost run over many a time in the abbeydale/london road area by people who just don't indicate, speed round corners etc. oh, and cyclists who decide that red lights do not apply to them and just carry on going!!

however, there are definitely parking attendants going up and down there after 4ish every day.

I've also never seen the police just parked up watching for careless driving round there - something you see in other parts of the city.

London Road seems to be plagued by a little white car in the evenings. It's a little chav box (possibly an old Civic) with tinted windows that screams up and down the bottom end. Prat.

i think i know the one! there's quite a few 'chav boxes' round here, i hear them going up and down london road with their stereos balring out at all times. lovely.

From my experience, this is without doubt the worst spot in Sheffield for people ignoring the bus lanes whilst in operation.

Having said that, it can only be due to a small number of repeat offenders, and I have noticed a distinct improvement in the last few weeks, so I guess somebody has had a go at them.

Not so much a go at anyone but new markings, with double yelows from the junction with Sheldon Road to the Bus stop, and BIG thick line around the bus stop has helped. The biggest offender is the grocery shop keeper himself and add that to meat delivery wagons and the regular "only be a minute" brigade parking on the bus stop becomes a problem. Someone needs to have a word with the shopkeeper to warn his customers of the offence and dishing a few tickets out should change things.