Parkhill characters 80's

Park Lad

not sure if its park hill or hyde park,but i remember gary bamford,mick,maggie & noel barton,gary cronin & mark windle,also the tattooist who had a studio under the flats,was it hobbo or summat? kept getting done for various "things" he would take as payment for a tattoo.

They were all Hyde Park. I knew all of them. :)

Anyone remember Doug the barber on Park hill

i lived on the flats for the first few years of my life and from what i can remember of it the place was great. my dad and his family were very wellknown figures on the flats and it was like everyone was looking out for me when i was out playing down on the swings o in the football courts. if anyone remembers me or my family(Lindleys) it would be good to hear a few stories and memorys. my dad always had his heart in the flats and i think he wishes we never moved

would that be wack and philip lindley then ? originaly off bard st had two sisters tracey and carol mother was evelyn

I was paper boy in the 70's working for Herbert's paper / sweet shop on Parkhill pavement, the Sheffield Star on Friday night was huge and used to nearly kill me walking round the balcony's with them.

Used to go in Parkway, Scottish Queen and others during 80's and 90's. Some characters in them pubs.

• 8 months later...

i remember the fairbrothers, havenhands, davis's, jeffcocks, lindley's, i was brought up on parkhill from early 60s to late 80s, link and parkway were my regulars with me old dad (kenny clewes) good times some good laughs and mates back then

• 11 years later...
On 17/04/2012 at 22:18, Sarkymasterd said:

would that be wack and philip lindley then ? originaly off bard st had two sisters tracey and carol mother was evelyn

No dad is Charlie lindley and he had a brother Jon and sister Vera

On 04/01/2008 at 17:20, Rivelin6 said:

Does anyone remember Pek, Huggins, Angus boys, Gary Walker, Little Larry one of the caretakers- it had the spirit of a true community.

I sit with Gary walker at Bramall lane, I also know his brother,Ian, and sister ,Tracey.