Parkhill characters 80's

Park Lad

Des used to go in The Raven. There was a story one day that he had died in prison and about two years later in he walked! What a character. Did he used to have pink car?

I know des definitely passed away about 18 months (? time flies by!) ago, and there was an Obit in "hatch match and despatch" in the Star commemorating him.

I don't know about any pink car he owned, incidentally.

des lived ar firth park when he died a few years ago . the last club he worked at i remember was millionaires (beore it wa flares ). i was a taxi driver when he worked on the doors .last time i saw him he was sat outside the somerfield helping the old uns and telling the young uns to have respect . top guy des r.i.p

• 5 weeks later...
I know des definitely passed away about 18 months (? time flies by!) ago, and there was an Obit in "hatch match and despatch" in the Star commemorating him.

I don't know about any pink car he owned, incidentally.

It was much longer ago than that, more like end of '01 early '02 at the latest, he's been gone a while now.

He used to train at the gym i used to go to on 'Cross. There was a massive procession at his funeral, walking along Hinde House at firth park among other places.

Didnt really know him, tbh, but he did seem like a bit of a loud mouth, Once shouted at me out of his car window for walking over a zebra crossing cos i had made him stop!!lol. And i wasnt a kid or anything, fully grown man.

I used to work on there as a joiner for the council and one that allways stood out for me was JOSIE....she used to wander around the grounds with a stereo singing and swearing....The kids were awful to her though...shouting EYEBROWS!!!

She wore that much make-up she looked like Joker from Batman.

Anybody else remember her.

I used to work on there as a joiner for the council and one that allways stood out for me was JOSIE....she used to wander around the grounds with a stereo singing and swearing....The kids were awful to her though...shouting EYEBROWS!!!

She wore that much make-up she looked like Joker from Batman.

Anybody else remember her.

I remember Josie with all the make-up, think she got herself a toyboy at one stage? lol

I may be going too:cool: far back for you young pups but did any of you go to the dances held in the community centres in Park Hill and Hyde Park?:cool:;)

Yep! I frequented to the Park Hill dance, must be around 1968ish, that would be after a few pints in the Link, always had a stinking head the next day at school.

Great times.