Parkhill characters 80's

Did anyone grow on Parkhill Flats in the 70's,80's have any memories of the weird and wonderful characters on there, i.e. Jog me memory of any events and people (Characters) and bring back the fun as a young Lad growing up on there..Park Lad!

park hill dance on a friday with robert king playing the drums.Someone should write a book it would be a great read.:)

i lived on the flats for the first few years of my life and from what i can remember of it the place was great. my dad and his family were very wellknown figures on the flats and it was like everyone was looking out for me when i was out playing down on the swings o in the football courts. if anyone remembers me or my family(Lindleys) it would be good to hear a few stories and memorys. my dad always had his heart in the flats and i think he wishes we never moved

my hearts still in the flats too.i remember Geoff and Charlie.Great times.

not sure if its park hill or hyde park,but i remember gary bamford,mick,maggie & noel barton,gary cronin & mark windle,also the tattooist who had a studio under the flats,was it hobbo or summat? kept getting done for various "things" he would take as payment for a tattoo.

tattooist was hoppy.......

I can remember Harold Fairbrother running the dance on parkhill. I was at the dance when i heard about the assasination of president Kennedy. Only used to play record's. But had a group on now an then. Great times.

Does anyone remember loolalady lived on Norwich she scared me to death wouldn't get in lift with her,..... And that big guy that lived on a corner above newsagents he was really scary.

what about buster the scrap man? i think he lived on bard street but did alot oif drinking on park hill

Them sink drains comes to mind,wot a pong. New a Mick cronin.

not sure if its park hill or hyde park,but i remember gary bamford,mick,maggie & noel barton,gary cronin & mark windle,also the tattooist who had a studio under the flats,was it hobbo or summat? kept getting done for various "things" he would take as payment for a tattoo.

They were all Hyde Park. I knew all of them. :)

Anyone remember Doug the barber on Park hill

i lived on the flats for the first few years of my life and from what i can remember of it the place was great. my dad and his family were very wellknown figures on the flats and it was like everyone was looking out for me when i was out playing down on the swings o in the football courts. if anyone remembers me or my family(Lindleys) it would be good to hear a few stories and memorys. my dad always had his heart in the flats and i think he wishes we never moved

would that be wack and philip lindley then ? originaly off bard st had two sisters tracey and carol mother was evelyn

I was paper boy in the 70's working for Herbert's paper / sweet shop on Parkhill pavement, the Sheffield Star on Friday night was huge and used to nearly kill me walking round the balcony's with them.

Used to go in Parkway, Scottish Queen and others during 80's and 90's. Some characters in them pubs.

i remember the fairbrothers, havenhands, davis's, jeffcocks, lindley's, i was brought up on parkhill from early 60s to late 80s, link and parkway were my regulars with me old dad (kenny clewes) good times some good laughs and mates back then