Sign in to follow this  

Drink in Meadowhall

Called into the Clock Tower pub, ex Retreat at Meadowhall this afternoon with my friends and colleagues, what a farce, its about time they built another pub to stop this one having the monopoly. We had house wine and a pint of lager and paid £13!You could expect to pay this in a restaurant but in a pub its a bit much as the wine was disgusting I would have complained if it had been £2.99 at Morrisons let alone £2.70 by the glass. The table was dirty and had empty cups and glasses on it, we eventually cleared the table ourselves although there were plenty of staff on the trouble was some of them were in the toilets having a crafty fag and unable to do the job, the icing on the cake was when we ordered another bottle of a better quality wine they had misplaced the corkscrew so they just gave my friend the bottle, I think they wanted us to nip down to Sainsburys and buy an opener so they didn't have to bother themselves. Anyway thankyou for letting me rant but are you listening Weatherspoons?

was in the clock tower last night, still a dive with 20/30 kids sat outside annoying everyone, its awful. sat in the conservatory and it was so mucky. the staff looked half baked too

I call into the Clocktower evert time i go to Meadowhall.

I do find the place not perfect but reasonable, one of the things with the staff is they never watch whose turn it is to get served, so its every man for himself at the bar.

Also i find the prices on par with most pubs, I drink Guiness and my o/h drinks lager.

Agree with you. It's a garbage place really. Poor service and that look on the bartender's face that says 'What the **** you doing here'.

And you should just know it's going to be rip-off. The eating area is like something out of 1981 Butlins. Fortunately, there are other options, but they're all pretty much overpriced.

Best advice: Avoid Meadowhell. But you knew that anyway!!

Me and some mates went before a film once, they charged us all a pound extra for the drink. So instead of say £2.50 they were charging £3.50. My mates didnt realize but i thought whats going on here, went to get money back and they acted all dumb. Scaming staff.

Originally posted by A_Partridge

Me and some mates went before a film once, they charged us all a pound extra for the drink. So instead of say £2.50 they were charging £3.50. My mates didnt realize but i thought whats going on here, went to get money back and they acted all dumb. Scaming staff.

I'm sure wetherspoons would be interested to hear that. Use the form I've provided a link for to complain (see above)

Since when has the Clocktower been a Wetherspoons?

I this the palce that used to be the Retraet,spent some nights in there was an ok place when meadowhall first opened.

Strix I am not saying this is a Weatherspoons pub I am saying come on Weatherspoons build a pub at Meadowhall!

Although when my husband visited The Bankers Draft yesterday he was told to remove his hat, you may think a burberry baseball cap, no a woolie hat not even a football one just plain white, he asked if this rule was for all ages and sexes and was told yes so some employees will be very busy this coming winter policing the hat wearing public!

Sheffield does itself no favours in promoting itself does it?