Infant schools in Lodge Moor area.

Hi all,

Our twin girls will be growing up and starting school next year and I was just looking for opinions on schools in our area.

they may well end up going to Hallam, Lydgate or Nethergreen.

Any thoughts on the above schools would be greatly appriciated.

Ta.M.

We could not get our little one into the reception class at Nethergreen this Sept, it was full. We ended up getting him in at Hallam (only by the skin of his teeth, also getting near to capacity) Hallam is a lovley school, and the reception teachers are real gems :D My little one took to it like a duck to water, and he is dead shy ;)

We could not get our little one into the reception class at Nethergreen this Sept, it was full. We ended up getting him in at Hallam (only by the skin of his teeth, also getting near to capacity) Hallam is a lovley school, and the reception teachers are real gems :D My little one took to it like a duck to water, and he is dead shy ;)

I'll second that. It's a great school!

I'll second that. It's a great school!

That wasn't my opinion when on the receiving end of Mr Hempstock's slipper or Mr Holmes cane :hihi:

Lydgate did me and Joe Cocker proud in the 50's but I don't live near there any more so don't know what the current state of play is. But, if it's as good now as it was then, no problem.

All three are decent enough schools. Which is most convenient? and which schools are they feeders for (Tapton or King Teds at a guess) and which of those would be most convenient?

All three are decent enough schools. Which is most convenient? and which schools are they feeders for (Tapton or King Teds at a guess) and which of those would be most convenient?

Do they still allocate the secondary school as per home address? If so would it be possible that not to go to the 'appropriate' primary now could cause problems at 11 if the secondary feeder is different to the one for home address and is oversubscribed? I think you would be able to apply but some are refused. Can't imagine anything as daunting as to move into secondary and leave all your primary mates? Might be a good idea to check this angle out as well??:huh:

You're right, school catchment is the first priority, then siblings and finally feeder school status. But you're also right in saying that you don't want to split up your childrens' friendships by sending them to different secondary schools.

Most Hallam and Lydgate kids will go on to Tapton. I don't know about Nether Green.