Poll: Would you like to see Velocity Tower grow taller?

Which do you prefer?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 36 Storeys - Bigger is better!
    • 22 Storeys - Tall enough already
    • Can't decide

There are rumours that the Velocity tower may go a further 10 or 12 storeys. Are you in favour?

Yes.

The tower is stunning with it's light green glass like a crystal.

At around 60 metres, the current height, it would have to be 100 metres before it could be described as a skyscraper in the common modern definition of the word. I would dearly love it to be that tall, as it would be an iconic structure, visible from many parts of the city.

they should build it as high as the demand in Sheffield for more 'luxury apartments'......

which is one storey in my opinion.

buyer beware if you ask me.

EDIT MARCH 08:

A full planning application has now been submitted to extend Velocity Tower from its current 22 storey s up to 36 storeys.

You can view the images here:

current permission height (22 storeys)

proposed (36 storeys)

The council are very interested in hearing the views of the public and so if you have any comments or opinions please add them to this thread :)

If we get a skybar it will be amazing.

Nearest thing to the bar up the Prague TV tower, the London Post office tower resteraunt, or even in a small way, the old windows on the world restaurant in NY.

It is about time we had a few other "must visit" things in the city centre for visitors to see.

I seem to remember Tony hinting at a new development regarding this development on the other Velocity thread.

ah yes.. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2856654&postcount=20

And I approve- as high as they want seeing as they have obviously not designed it on the cheap like most other new developments. It's the one decent addition to the skyline since the Winter Gardens

Following on from this thread, I was wondering how many people think that Velocity Tower should be Sheffield's first ever skyscraper?

The building currently stands at 22 Storeys, and the developer would like to carry on going and extend this to an impressive 36 storeys (the extra storeys to include a luxury hotel & Skybar) which I personally think would look great... what about everyone else?

22 Storey Visual

36 Storey Visual

I think that the taller version looks much more elegant and striking.

I agree, but I think the pics are the wrong way around. :)

I would like to see it higher. It's one of the few new buildings around that I like. I think it looks beaut.

(your links are the wrong way round btw)