Greenhouse repair

For the price you pay for 25 'W' clips at places like B & Q you can get 100 from greenhouse warehouse

For the price you pay for 25 'W' clips at places like B & Q you can get 100 from greenhouse warehouse

I spoke too soon. We did get a bit of damage recently. I ended up at two wests and was pleasantly surprised. The W clips were about £2 for 25 and the lap clips were similar. The W clips seem to be better quality than the last lot i got from the garden centre.

Edited by Jon26
to became too

I am having trouble getting the W clips out so I can change a broken pane. I found a bloke on YouTube giving instructions but you can't see how it's actually done due to the poor camera angle and his hands in the way. He used a screwdriver but on a different style of clip. Don't know what tool would be best and am scared to apply too much pressure in case I break the rest of the pain or have a clip fly out and end up in an eye!! All advice appreciated...thanks!

they can be tricky to get out.

I stick a screwdriver under the end of the w between the frame and the clip, then lever the screwdriver till the end of the clip pops out from behind the frame. after that it should be simple to wiggle the clip free.

you don't need to use much force to get the w clip out.

hopefully that might help, I'm not good at explaining things like that.

The best tool for getting them out I have found is an old style butter knife with a thin blade! Its easy and thin enough to slide in and pop them out without putting too much pressure on the glass.

Thanks for the advice, I got the old pane out OK. However, I now can't work out how to get the new pane in. There is a large lip running along the top and up the left-hand side and with no way of bending a piece of glass I can't see how to get it in. There doesn't seem to be a way to slide it in place though I guess it must be possible somehow. It's the top pane of one of the doors and the greenhouse is a Maxim Elite. HELP!

http://www.gbcgroup.co.uk/greenhouses/elite-maxim-greenhouse.htm

if this is your greenhouse I'm not sure how you replace the glass, looks different to most other one door greenhouses.

must be possible to do, just cant figure out how by looking at the pictures, sorry.

I've been staring at it for a week hoping the answer will pop out at me - no joy as yet and can't find any instructions online:(

go to greenhouse warehouse and download instructions?

I emailed Elite Greenhouses in the end. Turns out you do have to take the door off, dismantle it a bit, lay in the glass and rebuild the door. Glad to have finally sorted it out. Thanks for everyone's help.