UK Mama - Restaurant/takeaway. Your opinions...

UK Mama's is a bizarre place.

The owner is a nice man - but nice doesn't get things done, or keep standards high.

I get the feeling that many years ago it was probably very successful, but those days are long gone. Service is abysmal, and I've never waited two and a half hours for a main course before.

Having not eaten at very many Afro-Caribbean restaurants I have no real benchmark by which to judge the food, but if I was to judge on service, ambiance and environment alone, it would definitely be a big thumbs down from me.

Dont judge Afro Carribean food on that place. There is no comparison. I am of carribean decent and I left in disgust. The manager was quite rude when i told him why we left. If he cant take it he should never have asked me what the problem was. I told him as it is. AVOID THIS PLACE. About time it was shut!

Dont judge Afro Carribean food on that place. There is no comparison. I am of carribean decent and I left in disgust.

Where would you recommend then? Yours next Thursday at five ok? :hihi:

My partner's just getting into cooking this type of food after buying Levi Roots book. Had some great dishes.

Where would you recommend then? Yours next Thursday at five ok? :hihi:

My partner's just getting into cooking this type of food after buying Levi Roots book. Had some great dishes.

LOL...... When we complained about ther food and left he rang me on my mobile. Offer us free food. When he rings I'll tell him hell NO. Plus I'll ask for my money back least he can do.

Have fun with the Levi roots book. We adore him.

..guess who's coming to dinner? ;)

Went there a few years back and will never again. Waited an eternity for food and meal was awful. Even two for a fiver at the rancid fulwood inn would seem more appealing and thats saying alott. :)

LOL...... When we complained about ther food and left he rang me on my mobile. Offer us free food. When he rings I'll tell him hell NO. Plus I'll ask for my money back least he can do.

Have fun with the Levi roots book. We adore him.

levi roots is brilliant, one of my favorite TV chefs. it is a shame the bbc only commisioned him to make a few episodes of his tv show... it was just brilliant!

now i have a job i can afford to buy his cookbooks too lol! yayyyy

bulgarian, i didnt expect to be in for an hr but i waiting 1.5hrs and still didnt get my main.

..guess who's coming to dinner? ;)

I wouldn't want to let his afro-caribbean cooking loose on the general public yet... :hihi:

levi roots is brilliant, one of my favorite TV chefs. it is a shame the bbc only commisioned him to make a few episodes of his tv show... it was just brilliant!

now i have a job i can afford to buy his cookbooks too lol! yayyyy

He is a very entertaining character.

Some of those make for interesting reading. :)

He rang me when we left his restuarant. We left because the food was horrendous. When the main was served we looked at each other and said it smelled horrible and looked as bad. We took a mouthful then told this young working there that we was leaving. He mentioned working with Levi Roots..... the phone was on loudspeaker so my daughter could hear the conversation. We were in hysterics and he told us off for laughing. When i tried to speak he talked over me and said it was his time to speak. How rude. He then asked us to cook our own meal after offering us a free meal. We couldn't believe what we were hearing. The whole experience was bad. Well I never took him up on his offer, but I am on a mission to warn everyone how bad the place is.