Ecclesfield 'village'

Iris Born 1940, married me in 1961, when we moved to Stannington. Her father Tom and Mother Doris Golding stayed in the house . What no. were you. Iris was in touch with Anne Knox last week from no 1 I think. Now Anne Judge.

Ken

Does anyone know the following these are people i went to school with or were pals in and around Ecclesfield.Michael Finnigan, Raymond Vine,Dave Burgin, Cedric Betney (cousin), Kieth Sleeney, Graham Clark and anyone elsr who knew me. I was born in Ecclesfield, Ialso played with Ecclesfield Red Rose 1958/60 also in 1967.

Does anyone know the following these are people i went to school with or were pals in and around Ecclesfield.Michael Finnigan, Raymond Vine,Dave Burgin, Cedric Betney (cousin), Kieth Sleeney, Graham Clark and anyone elsr who knew me. I was born in Ecclesfield, Ialso played with Ecclesfield Red Rose 1958/60 also in 1967.

I remember you from CLB and JTC at Gatty Hall on Tues nights. I am also in regular contact with Ian Smart who was at school with you. I am Tony Boon,

iv heard garth nicholson has passed away, i remember him from his old "chemist" at the bottom of yew lane junction with st marys & high street, he must have been in his late 70s early 80s

Eighup MH ...I knew Garth many years ago ..Sad news ...( Hope your keeping OK )....GUZZI

iv heard garth nicholson has passed away, i remember him from his old "chemist" at the bottom of yew lane junction with st marys & high street, he must have been in his late 70s early 80s

Hi M. I remember Garth and his sister Celia. I think he had a brother too, but I can't remember his name. I knew his wife and both his parents too. I got on with them very well. Sorry to hear of his passing.---------- Post added 08-03-2013 at 19:26 ----------

[/color]

I remember you Graham. I remember Cedric and his parents too. I also remember your parents at 112. I remember your Uncle Ron too. I knew Alwyn best. I remember Keith and his sister Sandra, their parents as well.

Edited by Nigel Womersle

I remember you from CLB and JTC at Gatty Hall on Tues nights. I am also in regular contact with Ian Smart who was at school with you. I am Tony Boon,

Tony, hi here is another name for you and Nigel. Iris and I met a guy last night from the old days in Ecclesfield.

Garry Woolfenden 1943-48 from Priory ? up by Gatty Hall. . He says his best mate at the time was David Bennett.

Cheers Ken

Tony, hi here is another name for you and Nigel. Iris and I met a guy last night from the old days in Ecclesfield.

Garry Woolfenden 1943-48 from Priory ? up by Gatty Hall. . He says his best mate at the time was David Bennett.

Cheers Ken

Sorry, don't remember Gary W, but he must be older than me. The only David Bennett I knew was the son of Peter Bennett the butcher at the corner of Church Street and Priory Road. David died many years ago - quite young at the time, but older than me.

Tony is that the Ian Smart who had a brother named Gerald, live on Tunwell Ave. Was a torment. Lived next door to Linda Smith.

Iris and Kath Golding wish to know.

Ken

I used to live on St Margarets Road, used to go to Rawsons and the junior school before going to Colley. I was at Colley from 64 to 68. Used to go in the ball in and play darts before they changed it. Live in Gleadless now.

Eighup MH ...I knew Garth many years ago ..Sad news ...( Hope your keeping OK )....GUZZI

Hi M. I remember Garth and his sister Celia. I think he had a brother too, but I can't remember his name. I knew his wife and both his parents too. I got on with them very well. Sorry to hear of his passing.---------- Post added 08-03-2013 at 19:26 ----------

[/color]

i grew up with garth junior, same class from infants school right through juniors & senior school. garth senior used to send his wife across to the infants with a bag of sweets for us to share everyday. lovely family.

hi denlin

i remember alan, we started on the same day with another ad called steven i think his name was johnson. i remember us standing in the playground on that first morning scared to death.